Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm giving up! Kinda long.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
I always swore no chip of mine will be 3 years old and still in diapers. My daughter has not worn a diaper in 4 months.

It has been a long long 4 months. I am constantly washing her bedding and clothes. She needs at least 2 baths a day.

I can't take it anymore. I just want to go buy diapers and give up. I have tried every method there is.

We have been trying to get her to use the potty for almost 2 years. She clearly is not ready. I have taken her to the dr to rule out any medical issues. Everything came back fine. She is just stubborn!
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 15, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 10:03 AM
How old is she now?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 15, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Almost 3-1/2

Quoting UxorQuodMatris.:

How old is she now?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 15, 2013 at 10:06 AM
she clearly isn't ready yet.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 15, 2013 at 10:06 AM
She'll get it, my youngest dd was 5 mths away from 4 and decided one morning no more diapers.
UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 10:08 AM
2 moms liked this
My advice is to drop that whole "my child will NEVER" mess and back off a little. Let her take the lead. She won't be in diapers forever.

Quoting Anonymous:

Almost 3-1/2

Quoting UxorQuodMatris.:

How old is she now?
Kermitthemom23
by Silver Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 10:09 AM
If you decide to go back to diapers I suggest cloth. They will help in the long run letting her feel wet when she goes.
If you dont want to spend a fortune alvababy.com has them cheap. And they fit bigger kids ok. My 90% 3 yo came out in one the other day that she found
LSeabolt1982
by Silver Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 10:11 AM

What finally worked for me with my son at 3 1/2 was I made a sticker chart that hung on the back of the bathroom door. 1 sticker for pee and 2 for poop. I then went to the dollar tree and got a grab bag of toys. WORKED LIKE A CHARM. 1 week later he was fully trained. I still let him do stickers but i didnt buy anymore toys.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Just keep working with her on day time, do diapers at night for now, some kids take longer at night

LSeabolt1982
by Silver Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Also when she wets her panties maybe let her sit in them for a bit. Not like hours but 10 minutes or so just to let her realize it is uncomfortable.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 15, 2013 at 10:12 AM
She doesn't care about feeling wet. She would sit in her wet underwear for a while before I knew she peed. She just does not care.

Quoting Kermitthemom23:

If you decide to go back to diapers I suggest cloth. They will help in the long run letting her feel wet when she goes.

If you dont want to spend a fortune alvababy.com has them cheap. And they fit bigger kids ok. My 90% 3 yo came out in one the other day that she found
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)