Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

we qualify for for reduced lunch update in blue ( what??)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 141 Replies
3 moms liked this

I went on their website tonight and we qualify for reduced lunches at my kids school. We are barely below the limit for our family size but iam happy that we qualify.

Instead of paying $3 a day it will only be .50 a day. times 2 because i have 2 kids.  That will help out so much this year. I applied, i will have to provide up until 10 day until the application gets approved but that is OK.

update

I applied last night and got calls today about it . but i am confused now because around 3 i got a call saying my son was approved for reduced lunches, which is what I applied for around 5 i got a call saying my dd was approved for free lunch. I don't understand why one is reduced and why one is free. I don't make any sense. I put both on the same application. like you are suppose to do. so now i am confused.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:21 PM

I was surprised when I found out the qualification limits for our state. For a family of our size my husband would have had to make almost 1/2 of his income over again for us to be out of the program. It's helped us tons! And in all honesty, it helps the schools too. They get more money from the government for kids who eat free & reduced to support their lunch programs. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:22 PM

I find the qualifying income limit absurd. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:22 PM
We qualify and pay about .70 for breakfast and lunch. And no we don't get fs or anything else.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:24 PM

I've always been hesitant about applying, but the schools make a big fuss about EVERYONE applying whether you are accepted into the program or not. Anyone know why?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:25 PM
They get money for applications. We had to fill them out last year even though the school gave free breakfast and lunch regardless of income. So obnoxious.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've always been hesitant about applying, but the schools make a big fuss about EVERYONE applying whether you are accepted into the program or not. Anyone know why?

km1970
by Gold Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:25 PM

I've never heard of schools around here making a big fuss. I get one in our registration packet each year. I have never filled them out and never been told I had to.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:26 PM
We qualify too and dd eats school breakfast/lunch three times a week and then I send her lunch the other two days.
SWEET737
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this

That is what a lot of programs are there for to be utilized until you can do better. $3 a day is high and I was complaining about $1.90x2 a day. Some times we do not realize how blessed we really are. May your kids have a safe and happy school year. Blessings to you and your family.

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:27 PM

we dont qualify

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Same here, we barely get in under the limit but it will be 40 cents a day instead of $2.75. Every little bit helps!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured