Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When your child is injured do you worry that CPS will be called?!

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:25 PM
  • 116 Replies
1 mom liked this
Dd was trying to climb up on her chair for dinner. She's wearing a princess dress. When climbed up she slipped on her dress, tried to grab the table, the placemat slid out from under her- then she smacked her forehead on the table and her face on the chair on the way down. I was able to catch her before she hit her head on the floor, but the damage was done. Poor thing has bruises on her forehead and cheek :(( but she's feeling fine at least.
*sighs and makes sure laundry is put away for when CPS comes D:

Eta- my sister had a bad experience with CPS when my niece was a baby and, to be honest, this site freaks me out. People act like tiny things will get your kids taken away.
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this

They can tell from your story whether you're lying or not, if the injury is consistent with the story they know it.

jesistar6910
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:27 PM

What this chick said.

Quoting Anonymous:

They can tell from your story whether you're lying or not, if the injury is consistent with the story they know it.

o.O....
by Cara on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Doesn't mean I want an investigation in the first place.. (Never actually had one so I'm not sure how that goes down)
Luckily the babysitter knows she's clumsy.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lauriemom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:28 PM

It's never crossed my mind.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Aww, poor thing.

I did worry when my 3 year old broke his leg, especially since the ''excuse'' was really lame but thankfully the Ortho doctor told me it's pretty common and even called a ''toddler fracture''; where other limb fractures point more toward abuse, toddler fractures are from toddlers being toddlers.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Why would I? I have no reason to feel guilty or worried and my son was in the ER a lot when he was younger.
o.O....
by Cara on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:31 PM
When my niece was a baby she hit her head on her crib and got a little bruise. My sister freaked out and took her to the er. They called CPS, the police, the dr ordered a full body scan to search for old injuries- it was horrible.
I've been paranoid since that happened.

Quoting Lauriemom:

It's never crossed my mind.

kit_manson
by Platinum Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Every damn time. I'm a young mom, and people are often looking for reasons to report me because of that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:31 PM
I did worry before my kid got diagnosed. When she hits her head, she stops breathing and passes out. After she was cleared after each er visit, I would worry that cps would show up. Now that she has a diagnosis, I don't worry. She's going to fall, she's going to pass out. If cps shows up, I'll tell them they can call her neurologist.
Mel0dy
by Ruby Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:33 PM

No I don't worry. I have nothing to worry about lol I dont even spank my child. Kids get hurt A LOT, thats what kids do lol they always end up doing something crazy and getting hurt. CPS and the Doctors can tell if your story matches up with the injury.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN