Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Making the hardest decision ever!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies

I am only 15 years old. I am pregnant with my first baby. I found out I am having a girl. I didn't think it was the best decision for abortion and I told my mom I was pregnant and she said maybe we can look into adoption. I picked out some good parents for her. Now that I am getting closer to the due date month which is November, I am getting nervous giving up the baby. I do not want to hurt the aoptive parents and yet I am only 15 years old. I am still with my boyfriend. He is a year older than me, but he has a job also. Has anyone else experienced giving away their baby and being ok? 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tardistraveller
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:49 AM

Hun, Idk, but here's a bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:52 AM
4 moms liked this

:( first of all i am really sorry that you are going through this. it is not easy. And it is such a huge decision to make at your age. Though i was not personally pregnant that you my older sister was. She got pregnant at 15 (i was 13) She choice adoption. To this day she says it was the best thing she has ever done. She knew that the baby that she was carrying deserved the very best and that there was things that at her age she could never give to it. She also knew that she was blessing a family with the most precious and beautiful gift anyone could ever give another person.It will be hard especially at first but you just have to remember all the reasons that you decided on adoption in the first place.

tarakay0417
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:54 AM
I am sorry you are in this position. The only advice I can give you is to seek counseling. Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:57 AM
5 moms liked this
Get a counselor. Now. Someone that is not in any way connected to the adoption agency or the adoptive parents or your parents. This is a huge decision and you need to talk it out with a professional that is not involved with the proccess in any way.

Good luck with whatever you decide. ((hugs))
jlmc
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:58 AM
I agree with pp, you should talk to someone like a counselor. I am not against adoption but you should make sure you have help and support through this and be sure it's the best decision for that little baby. Good luck hun.
momofhnd
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 2:00 AM
Well from my sisters stand point she was 14 when she got pregnant and 15 when she had him.. he is now 19 yrs old and is such a awesome guy. She does not regret keeping him. Her and the dad are still together.. Think hard before making a choice. You have to do what you know in your heart is the best. Good luck !!
Redwoods_Mama
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 2:03 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Get a counselor. Now. Someone that is not in any way connected to the adoption agency or the adoptive parents or your parents. This is a huge decision and you need to talk it out with a professional that is not involved with the proccess in any way.

Good luck with whatever you decide. ((hugs))

THIS.

Yoshisgirl
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 2:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I also agree with the pp's.  You need to talk to someone that has no bias in this situation.  I commend you on seriously thinking this through!  It's obvious that you are trying to make the best decision for the baby, and I can only imagine how truly hard it is.  My heart goes out to you!  I wish you the best of luck, sweetie!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 16, 2013 at 2:21 AM
Best wishes.
Bellarose0212
by Gold Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 2:34 AM

It's not their baby yet. It is still your baby. Your child. He or she does not belong to anyone else. Don't let anyone tell you that you owe this baby to anyone. I think pre-matching is a bad idea, but the adoptive parents went into it knowing that the baby is not theirs until papers are signed.

I can't advise you what to do but I would ask to talk to an unbiased counselor (not related to adoption agency) about your feelings and help you weigh out what resources you would have if you would choose to keep your child. If that's not possible, look for another adult who you trust and who you know to really listen and give loving advice. Talk to your parents, your boyfriend, and your boyfriend's parents about how much help and support they would be willing to give. Make a plan for keeping your baby if that is what you choose to do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)