Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I will not pay late fees

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies
1 mom liked this
So we pay daycare two weeks in advance. This means my payment was due 29 August. I always write a check. Well apparently they lost it or something and it never got cashed. I have a missing check and I wrote it in my registry. But they want to charge me $75 in late fees because they can't find the check and show that I still owe. I will give them the actual tuition. But not the late fees. They shouldn't have lost the check and they should have let me know there was an issue before it was three weeks late.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EvaTheDiva2
by Gold Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I agrer with you
starlight91
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:31 AM

thats okay , those late fees will just get more late fees and in the end instead of paying $75 , you will be paying $150 in late fees,

btw dont forget to stop payment on the check lost,, oh yeah thats another fee, just to the bank.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:32 AM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:33 AM

They lost the check. Also I have a credit card on file the didn't charge. They never said a word and I talk to them daily. 

Quoting starlight91:

thats okay , those late fees will just get more late fees and in the end instead of paying $75 , you will be paying $150 in late fees,

btw dont forget to stop payment on the check lost,, oh yeah thats another fee, just to the bank.

starlight91
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:36 AM

lol oh well too bad for you, its on the books you owe a late fee, if you dont pay it, it will just accure more late fees, in the end the day care can sue you for the all the late fees, its a business it doesnt run on how you feel about you getting late fees.

Quoting Anonymous:

They lost the check. Also I have a credit card on file the didn't charge. They never said a word and I talk to them daily. 

Quoting starlight91:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:38 AM

While I do agree you shouldn't have to pay the late fee, I think after at least a week when you saw the check wasn't cashed you should have asked about it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:39 AM
3 moms liked this
It's not August 29th yet????
IncognitoOne
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:41 AM

Good point.

Maybe she meant July 29?

Quoting Anonymous:

It's not August 29th yet????

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:43 AM

okay I'm lost...how can you be 3wks late when its only august 16th?

have you talked with anyone about this issue? Show them the carbon copy of your check that SHOWS you wrote it out to them?

I dunno I kinda feel like this is partially your fault...after 3 wks you didnt question why they hadn't cashed your check yet? I mean a quick "hey you got my payment right" would have cleared this all up weeks ago

baquick
by Ruby Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:46 AM
Do you have carbon copies?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured