Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Welcome back to school, here are some germs for you!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
The two oldest kids started school Monday and yesterday i noticed my 5 year old was sniffling and lo and behold we all woke up with colds this morning. Fun stuff. 4 kids and 2 adults with a cold.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Replies (11-20):
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:07 AM

oh yea this is dd's 2nd week and she was out Wednesday! she was so sick and still sort of is feeling icky :(

Happily married to the best man and father in the world! <3

Trying to Conceive Ticker

Armymom134
by Gold Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Only a week in to school for my kids and my two oldest had to miss a day because of a high fever. Now my 2 yo is puking today...so much fun.
Ms.D-_-
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Right there with ya. Ugh
JulietAngel89
by Gold Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:08 AM

that happened with us too :( 

DiANAiVELiSSE
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:09 AM

mines to!!!  she has a soar throat today she started last week thursday

RMB2011
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:15 AM

YAY! lol Gotta love the free germs

Lauriemom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:37 AM

It's always the same with my girls.  UGH, sorry momma :(

Childofares
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:40 AM

I beefed up my sons transfactor and vitamin C in the weeks before school. He has never gotten sick from his daycare but now he is in preschool after being home all summer and not as exposed to other kids germs. I've been really lucky though, ds will be 5 in November and has only had about 3 colds his whole life and only ever thrown up one time. Makes my friends furious as their kids are sick all the time.

jadedcynic
by Nerdalicious on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

WHY ARE YOU YELLING? IS YOUR CAPS LOCK BUTTON STUCK?

Quoting SWEET737:

GET SOME BLACK ELDERBERRY SYRUP TO BUILD UP YOUR FAMILY'S IMMUNE SYSTEM. YOU CAN FIND IT AT YOUR LOCAL DRUG STORES OR ORDER IT FROM AMAZON, I BUY THE ONE MADE BY SAMBUCOL. AND ALSO GOGGLE " WHAT IS HONEY AND CINNAMON GOOD FOR. YOU WILL BE SURPRISE. LAST WEEK I WOKE UP WITH A SLIGHTLY SORE THROAT SO I PUT SOME CINNAMON IN WATER AND HEATED IT AND THEN I ADDED THE HONEY(I DON'T HEAT THE HONEY BECAUSE IT LOSES IT STRENGTH). I MIXED AND DRUNK IT. LATER ON THAT DAY I REALIZE MY SORE THROAT WAS GONE. BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY AND I PRAY YOU ALL FEEL MUCH BETTER.

OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

My son started school on Monday and by Friday he had pneumonia two years running.  Second year, it didn't happen until the third week of school.

It's not just the germs for him - he starts school about the same time ragweed picks up.  Extreme allergic response generally leads to bronchitis for him and the next step is pneumonia.

I am trying to beat it this year by having him on a daily antihistamine along with his vitamins.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)