Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Welcome back to school, here are some germs for you!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
The two oldest kids started school Monday and yesterday i noticed my 5 year old was sniffling and lo and behold we all woke up with colds this morning. Fun stuff. 4 kids and 2 adults with a cold.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Replies (31-40):
CookieMom108
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:40 PM

It happens every year without fail.  School starts the first week of Sept and by the end of the month or early Oct the latest, he has a cold or stomach virus.  He's never sick, never was sick before he started school either. Only one ear infection in the first 5 years of his life and some allergies after hurricane Katrina, that's it.  Now he gets sick tbthe beginning of the school year and usually that's it.   It does suck to have 4 kids with cold all at once!  Jeeeez.  Goodluck with that.  

LilliesValley
by Ruby Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I'm trying to avoid this, although I know it will happen! We are having baby 2 in Oct and so I am trying to make sure dd forms the habit now. As soon as she's in the front door she has to go to the bathroom and wash her hands!!! Once she touches her homework or book bag and is done she washes them again. Otherwise normally I don't care too much but it's never bad to form a good habit.

SWEET737
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Quoting jadedcynic:

WHY ARE YOU YELLING? IS YOUR CAPS LOCK BUTTON STUCK?

Quoting SWEET737:

GET SOME BLACK ELDERBERRY SYRUP TO BUILD UP YOUR FAMILY'S IMMUNE SYSTEM. YOU CAN FIND IT AT YOUR LOCAL DRUG STORES OR ORDER IT FROM AMAZON, I BUY THE ONE MADE BY SAMBUCOL. AND ALSO GOGGLE " WHAT IS HONEY AND CINNAMON GOOD FOR. YOU WILL BE SURPRISE. LAST WEEK I WOKE UP WITH A SLIGHTLY SORE THROAT SO I PUT SOME CINNAMON IN WATER AND HEATED IT AND THEN I ADDED THE HONEY(I DON'T HEAT THE HONEY BECAUSE IT LOSES IT STRENGTH). I MIXED AND DRUNK IT. LATER ON THAT DAY I REALIZE MY SORE THROAT WAS GONE. BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY AND I PRAY YOU ALL FEEL MUCH BETTER.

No, I am not yelling. Don't pay the cap letters any attention. Yelling for me would be ending my sentences with exclamation points.Besides all that, I don't have anything to yell about.
jadedcynic
by Nerdalicious on Aug. 16, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Online etiquette considers all caps yelling. Your post was entirely yelling, basically.

Quoting SWEET737:

Quoting jadedcynic:

Quoting SWEET737:

GET SOME BLACK ELDERBERRY SYRUP TO BUILD UP YOUR FAMILY'S IMMUNE SYSTEM. YOU CAN FIND IT AT YOUR LOCAL DRUG STORES OR ORDER IT FROM AMAZON, I BUY THE ONE MADE BY SAMBUCOL. AND ALSO GOGGLE " WHAT IS HONEY AND CINNAMON GOOD FOR. YOU WILL BE SURPRISE. LAST WEEK I WOKE UP WITH A SLIGHTLY SORE THROAT SO I PUT SOME CINNAMON IN WATER AND HEATED IT AND THEN I ADDED THE HONEY(I DON'T HEAT THE HONEY BECAUSE IT LOSES IT STRENGTH). I MIXED AND DRUNK IT. LATER ON THAT DAY I REALIZE MY SORE THROAT WAS GONE. BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY AND I PRAY YOU ALL FEEL MUCH BETTER.

No, I am not yelling. Don't pay the cap letters any attention. Yelling for me would be ending my sentences with exclamation points.Besides all that, I don't have anything to yell about.

jadedcynic
by Nerdalicious on Aug. 16, 2013 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this

And absolutely no immunities built up for when they enter the community.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's why I have my kids home schooled. No worries about germs and diseases killing our family from other kids.

tracy0812
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 2:27 PM
I don't send my kid to school. I send him to a giant indoor Petrie dish.

Yep, never fails. Between the germs, his allergies, and asthma, my kid ends up with bronchitis every September.
RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Aug. 16, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Sorry! Hope you all feel better soon! We've been lucky so far... Dd was the only AM kinder kid with perfect attendance last year and there was only one PM kid with perfect attendance!

We were lucky to dodge several bugs that went around! Hopefully she can get lucky again this year!
SWEET737
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Quoting jadedcynic:

Online etiquette considers all caps yelling. Your post was entirely yelling, basically.

Quoting SWEET737:

Quoting jadedcynic:

Quoting SWEET737:

Redwoods_Mama
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 3:16 PM

I need to load my DS up on elderberry; I think they even make a gummy?

Anyway, new baby coming and he's starting a bunch of new groups and so.  Illness is simply not an option this fall, lol.

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Aug. 16, 2013 at 3:23 PM

http://www.emergenc.com/index.php/fund/kidz?gclid=CK7VrI7YgrkCFa1FMgod6zYASQ

Quoting SpiritFortress:

Hey, maybe give them a vitamin C supplement from now until spring to help ward off all that crap. I use Emergen-C and it works really well for me but I'm not sure about using it for children. You could check into that though. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)