Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Golytely Oral

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

any one ever had to use this? for severe constipation? what can I expect? what torture lies ahead?

I am not doing it for a procedure, just because I apparently have "significant fecal loading" according to the doctors.  

how long will it take if i just chug it

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 16, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2013 at 12:55 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2013 at 12:55 PM

BUMP!

Momtogirls0823
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Miralax and Gatorade work well, too.  My dh uses them to prep for colonoscopies.  He likes it much better than Golytely.  His GI doc even started prescribing it for his patients to prep with after dh mentioned how well it works.  Just mix the Miralax with the Gatorade.  Oh, and stay near a toilet!  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:00 PM

but i only have to pay 1.00 copay for the Golytely.

You would need like a 14 day bottle of MIralax, even the generics are pricey. bah i am such a skinflint lol. 

Quoting Momtogirls0823:

Miralax and Gatorade work well, too.  My dh uses them to prep for colonoscopies.  He likes it much better than Golytely.  His GI doc even started prescribing it for his patients to prep with after dh mentioned how well it works.  Just mix the Miralax with the Gatorade.  Oh, and stay near a toilet!  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:04 PM

a different type of oral sex?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:05 PM

this actually made me laugh, thanks anon. i needed that.

Quoting Anonymous:

a different type of oral sex?

Momtogirls0823
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Oh, believe me I understand.  I hope it all goes well for you whichever way you go about it.  I know the Golytely works so it should be ok for you.  I think for him it's mainly the taste of it that turns him off.  I'll have to ask him, though, it's been a while since he's needed either.  Gl!

Quoting Anonymous:

but i only have to pay 1.00 copay for the Golytely.

You would need like a 14 day bottle of MIralax, even the generics are pricey. bah i am such a skinflint lol. 

Quoting Momtogirls0823:

I am a busy working mom to two very active girls.  I love my kids, play on the floor in the fort with them, take them to the park, and love them always!  I can't imagine life without them!

school bus       school bus

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:28 PM

thanks

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:28 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:51 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)