Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Feel Broken, beaten, and Ready to give up!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

Since my daughters have been born I've been trying to make things better. I'm in school, looking for a part time job, hubby is working. I stay home with the kids and do just about everything. Most of the time I feel like a single mom. It would all be worth it if things could change. I've been talking to hubby for months about really being strict up what we spend and cutting costs where we can. He still spends money daily at work (not as much as he used to but still too much). 

He also isn't very patient at all. I seriously think he needs blood pressure medicine. When both the girls start getting whiny and fusy he is cool for a few minutes then loses his cool (no he has never hurt any one) but the things that come out of his mouth make me so freaking angry. He can't really seem to be around him more than 5 minutes when they act like that. He never was this person and I am tired of the excuses, I'm stressed blah blah blah. I'm ready to pull my hair out.  I am not perfect and lost my cool but I am around the girls 24/7. He isn't! 

I just really do not know what to do.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 16, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 16, 2013 at 3:30 PM

What do you mean by the things that come out his mouth upset you? I understand that he doesn't put his hands on anybody but is he becoming verbally abusive? Because that's not acceptable either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 16, 2013 at 3:38 PM
yeah my dh claims it's my fault when the kids act like kids. He's never shown intrest in being a dad so I picked up that role as well. He's careless with money as well. Budget is not an option when it concerns him. But hey I married him and nothing will change until I do something about it so I'm just buying a little more time before we are out. gl
JackieGirl007
by Ruby Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Counselling, ASAP.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 16, 2013 at 3:47 PM

you feel like a single mother?? A single mother would have to PAY HER OWN BILLS with a JOB.

ElitestJen
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM

I always wonder what it means when a woman says she "feels like a single parent."  I was a single parent and didn't "feel" differently after I got married.  At least, not about parenting or running a household.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Rude much! I meant when it comes to actually taking care of the kids NOT finacially. I've worked since I was able except when I had my girls. I want a job and am actively looking for one. I know HOW TO PAY MY BILLS WITH A JOB. I'm not one of those women who stay home and expect to do nothing and taken care of. I love working. I miss working. I am in school full time getting ready to start clinicals. I've only been out of work 2 years and that is only because at the moment we don't have anyone to take care of our daughters. They freak out with most people so it's been hard. 

Quoting Anonymous:

you feel like a single mother?? A single mother would have to PAY HER OWN BILLS with a JOB.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2013 at 6:14 PM

When it comes to running the house I do it all. When it comes to taking care of the kids I do it all. The only thing I don't do right now is make income that supports the family. I don't get a break and yet he complains about wanting freedom. When I am sick I still have to do everything. When he is sick he doesn't do anything. I can't even get 5 minutes to pee without a peep. 

Quoting ElitestJen:

I always wonder what it means when a woman says she "feels like a single parent."  I was a single parent and didn't "feel" differently after I got married.  At least, not about parenting or running a household.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2013 at 6:15 PM

I wish I could afford it. If not for us for me. 

Quoting JackieGirl007:

Counselling, ASAP.

JackieGirl007
by Ruby Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 6:17 PM

I am sorry! There has to be a way, call a few counselors and ask if they know anyone who does a sliding scale fee (income based). Also check with the local colleges. Counselors sometimes offer free sessions for college credits. HUGS

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting JackieGirl007:

Counselling, ASAP.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Thanks! I will do that. 

Quoting JackieGirl007:

I am sorry! There has to be a way, call a few counselors and ask if they know anyone who does a sliding scale fee (income based). Also check with the local colleges. Counselors sometimes offer free sessions for college credits. HUGS

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting JackieGirl007:

Counselling, ASAP.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)