Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my mom stinks :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 0 Replies

She doesn't like to shower or bathe very regularly and it bothers me honestly for her to lounge on my couch for extended periods of time or sit too close to me.  I want to like at least throw all kinds of throws over it that I can wash when she leaves but I'm so self concious to hurt her feelings.  Ugg this is depressing and sad to write about and I'll probably get bashed.  :( Mama take care of yourself.  It's part depression maybe but also just a pattern and personal comfort level and I'm guessing she can't smell herself.  

Honestly she raised me without a ton of hygeine myself and I don't even shower every single day still which might gross out a lot of people.  But I do better than I did when I was a kid living with her and better than she does now.  :(  

I don't think any kind of light hint would work.  I think if someone point blank told her she needs to shower more she would agree but not actually change anything because she says things now and then about not being happy about the state she lets herself and her house get into, but it's not enough motivation to do anything.  So what can I do?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 16, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)