Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do you break up during a pregnancy/early babyhood?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

Your life and body is in such a huge transition it seems like expecting happy fuzzy couple feelings should take a back burner.  Yes it will get rough.  I'm sure there are exceptions of horribly abusive partners people need to leave but my usual reaction is wtf of course your relationship was sucking at that moment.  I tend to think someone was being irrational or selfish.  

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:37 PM
It finally hit me how irresponsible and lazy my ex was. Here I am busting my ass working two jobs while pregnant and he's just chilling and living like a bachelor. I was pissed and here it is 8 years later and he's no different. My life would be so shitty if we had stayed together. We wouldn't have had a pot to piss in.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:28 AM
Sometimes hormones are overwhelming.
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:37 AM
I think many times they break up because they realize they have to put the needs of the baby above their personal attachment to a person who isn't a positive influence to the situation.
grambo91
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:38 AM
I really needed to hear this miss. (:
tardistraveller
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:40 AM

That's silly.  You can't judge everyone's situation. I left my ex while my son was a baby.

SamNStefanMommy
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:40 AM

For me, it was a no-brainer. Our son was 3 weeks old when he decided that we were going to have sex, whether I liked it or not. He raped me, anally and vaginally. I left within the hour. 

bbluvsme
by Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:41 AM

I got dumped multiple times during my pregnancy, then finally kicked out of the house a few weeks after birth.  Really emotionally abusive, I was in constant fear of physical abuse, and then my child was being put in physical danger by being around the guy.  So I've just stayed away since we were kicked out, and he pretty much hasn't had anything to do with us since.

donnag013
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:55 AM

I stayed and it was the worst mistake of my life. I WISH I had gotten out then

Quoting Anonymous:

It finally hit me how irresponsible and lazy my ex was. Here I am busting my ass working two jobs while pregnant and he's just chilling and living like a bachelor. I was pissed and here it is 8 years later and he's no different. My life would be so shitty if we had stayed together. We wouldn't have had a pot to piss in.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 17, 2013 at 1:54 AM

That's horrible.  That's a case where I would say yes run like the wind and glad you got out.  What an absolute asshole who should be rotting in jail.  :(

I'm thinking about people who just "fall out of love" when how in love can you be expected to be when youre all sleep deprived and focussed on such a high maintenance little person.

Quoting SamNStefanMommy:

For me, it was a no-brainer. Our son was 3 weeks old when he decided that we were going to have sex, whether I liked it or not. He raped me, anally and vaginally. I left within the hour. 

EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 2:02 AM
That. Or they pulled their head out of their ass and thought about their kid instead of being selfish and staying in a toxic relationship.
But hey. Whatev.

I've never been there. But nobody WANTS to breakup. Especially at such a time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)