Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

At a loss..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

My son just recently started kindergarten (August 5Th) to be exact. He is 5.5 years old and in the two weeks that he has been in school, his teacher has called me twice saying he isn't listening and being disruptive and yelling in the restroom, not going to his chair when asked, etc etc. Basically just not following the rules. The first time she called, I spoke calmly to my child and told him he needs to start listening to his teacher and that he is in big boy school now and needs to follow the rules. I told him if I get one more phone call then I will take away all of his privileges. (TV, toys, and things that he likes)

....teacher calls today. says the same thing, that he's making bad choices. anyway, problem is, my husband doesn't think taking his things away is the proper way to "punish" him into learning to behave at school and wants to just talk to him instead.

So if this were your 5 year old, what would  you do?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:10 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:13 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:18 PM

...nobody? really

bump

drowningmama
by vendetta on Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:21 PM

In all seriousness.  I wouldnt worry about it yet.  He just started and needs to get into the routine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:22 PM
1 mom liked this

thanks. thats what my husband said..and i hope it's true..but he's had issues in pre-k too 

Quoting drowningmama:

In all seriousness.  I wouldnt worry about it yet.  He just started and needs to get into the routine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:24 PM
I guess no Tv is good I don't know about toys. He needs to do something the rest of the day. I would remind him he needs to be good. Maybe a few good days of school and he can get icecream on sat?
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Give it a week or two, time to acclimate, while punishing him your way and then if he was still acting out, it's time to get ugly!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:29 PM
I agree with this, But he also needs to know That bad behavior And disobedience Will not be tolerated. I would suggest Taking a or some privileges away from him, be consistent and once he sees this hell no you mean business.

Quoting drowningmama:

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Why don't you give him a bracelet or something that he can wear to remind him to be good. Then, everyday that he comes home with good behavior marks let him pick a yummy treat from a special bowl. Everytime he comes home with a bad mark, have him pick one from a bowl filled with 'punishments' like clean the toilet (with gloves) or kitty box, write a affirmation 10 times, etc.

AMRios
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this

It is just me but mine would have been punished the 1st time... I would take everything away until he can come home with a happy face, on blue, sticker, whatever his teacher does to reward good behavior... If you do nothing he is not going to stop acting like that... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN