Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

if you have a high schooler, please read me!!!!

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:01 PM
  • 44 Replies

does your kid's school have "hippie" kids?  i just asked my soon to be 11th grader & he doesn't even know what a hippie is.  he says they have a couple of goth kids, a couple of emo kids, and the rest of the kids look "normal".  

i'm just curious if that's the norm everywhere

by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mistie900
by Gold Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:03 PM
I do t have a high schooler but I'm wondering what you consider "hippy". In my school we had all different types
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:05 PM

typical hippie...long, flowy skirts, birkenstocks, grateful dead t-shirts....that kind of thing.  do kids still dress/act like that?  i graduated in '94 and we went from grunge to hippie my senior year in high school.  my high school looked like a 60's flashback, lol

Quoting mistie900:

I do t have a high schooler but I'm wondering what you consider "hippy". In my school we had all different types

wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:06 PM

We had hippies in the 60's,  but that's even before my time & I'm considered an oldster in this Group!!

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this

It's a private Catholic High School, they're all just your average high school students, at least when they're at school.

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:07 PM

where i live, we had a huge hippie population even in the 90s.  maybe it's just where i live.

Quoting wooly:

We had hippies in the 60's,  but that's even before my time & I'm considered an oldster in this Group!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Same here!

Quoting Dzyre1115:

It's a private Catholic High School, they're all just your average high school students, at least when they're at school.

momto3infl
by Gold Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:09 PM

this

Quoting mistie900:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Hippies,Not around here.They're skaters,gang banger,preps,emo,agies
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I graduated in 2010 and we had two boys that were hippy I guess. Long hair and tye dye shirts.
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:11 PM
Long flowy skirts are very fashionable right now.

Quoting almondpigeon:

typical hippie...long, flowy skirts, birkenstocks, grateful dead t-shirts....that kind of thing.  do kids still dress/act like that?  i graduated in '94 and we went from grunge to hippie my senior year in high school.  my high school looked like a 60's flashback, lol

Quoting mistie900:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN