Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you call the school, go talk to the parents, or just let it go?

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:55 PM
  • 97 Replies

Ds is in kindergarten. Today was the second day of school. As soon as he and dd got off the bus he said he had a headache. I figured it was do to the bus, I mean it's loud. So I kinda shrugged in off. He came in, laid down on the couch and fell asleep. DD told me that she knew why he had a headache and said that "J" (a little girl on the bus who is in 2nd like dd) slammed his head into the window!!!! Like 3 times!!!

When ds woke up about 30 minutes later I asked him what happened. He said J had tried to sit by him (only the K kids have set seats on the bus). He told her no, that he was waiting for sissy. She put her hand over his mouth and pushed his head into the window "lots". 

I am so upset. I don't know what to do. I don't know this child's parents. I know she lives in the same complex but on the other side. I am going to call the school on Monday and ask what I need to do. My poor baby just woke up again, it's almost 10 here, crying that his head still hurt. He doesn't have a bump, no signs of concussion, but man!! That's one hell of a headache!!

by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mhaney03
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:57 PM
3 moms liked this

take him in if he's crying over it, that's serious pain.

tarakay0417
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:59 PM
2 moms liked this
I would take him in for that. definitely call or go up to the school on Monday. I hope he feels better.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I would tell the bus driver and call the principle...that way the bus driver is aware and can keep a close eye on 'J' and so the principle knows in case anything else goes on.
momof2891
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this
If he is still crying and saying his head hurts and it's been several hours, I would take him to be checked. He could still have a concussion. I would def talk to the school about it and ask why the bus driver didn't do anything about the child. I hope he starts to feel better soon! Good luck and update please!
reaandiziesmama
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:00 PM

I gave him another dose of tylenol. We don't have any urgent cares around here. But if it doesn't work in about 30 minutes or so, to the er we will go

Quoting mhaney03:

take him in if he's crying over it, that's serious pain.

Rebecca7708
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:01 PM
If he's still in that much pain, you should probably get that looked at. As for the incident, I would probably start with the school and go from there
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I would tell the bus driver and call the principle...that way the bus driver is aware and can keep a close eye on 'J' and so the principle knows in case anything else goes on.

ncbirdie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Doctor, bus driver, principal.

reaandiziesmama
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:02 PM

The bus driver didn't know. Both my kids said they didn't tell her because they didn't want to get in trouble. (They are brand new to bus riding and really kinda scared about it all.) If the tylenol doesn't take the pain in anouther 30 minutes, we will go to the ER. We don't have any urgent cares around and I HATE our ER, but if we have to we will go.

Quoting momof2891:

If he is still crying and saying his head hurts and it's been several hours, I would take him to be checked. He could still have a concussion. I would def talk to the school about it and ask why the bus driver didn't do anything about the child. I hope he starts to feel better soon! Good luck and update please!

Sigmalade
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Take your child to school and let administration know. They will let the bus driver know about the child's behavior and let her parents know as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)