Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Poll

Question: Which tablet?

Options:

iPad

Windows

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 24

View Results

I am going back to school and am debating on whether or not I want an ipad or a windows tablet. I am not a big fan of Apple but if it is good & worth what I will spend then I will get it. I will be using it for taking notes in class and will most likely put educational apps on it for my 2 girls, 1 of which has Asperger Syndrome.
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
tddncw2010
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 8:49 AM
This. My husband and I both have one and love them. Our 3 year old is able to easily find his games as well.

Quoting Anonymous:

I chose other. I have a Samsung galaxy tab 2 and LOVE it. I hate Apple products though.....
Crymsm
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Don't you watch that commercial where the ipad get abused lmao. You should know who to buy...
Melmac7819
by Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 9:25 AM
I have an Asus tablet. It is not a super popular brand but it works great. Plus, it has a detachable keyboard. This allows for easier typing, a mouse, and a usb drive, but it is still a tablet.
Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 9:32 AM
I have had android, apple and window tablets. Window sucks it in it beginning stages and just crappy with kinks and bugs. And between android and apple I prefer android set up best. I have a galaxy note and that thing is awesome. It has a pen so I can handwrite notes and has tons of apps for the kids and to help me state completely organized. I use mine to run my house and life.
eblstanford03
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Thanks ladies :)

bellawomen
by Summer on Aug. 17, 2013 at 5:09 PM

I would avoid a tablet for school use.  Many professors do not allow them in class and in most cases they are not considered an educational tool.  I would invest in a nice laptop.

Apples are generally not good for word processing jobs from my understanding, so I would steer away from that because unless you are going to school for photography, graphics, or videography it is just paying for a brand.\

Whatever you do, buy it at Best Buy and get an accident protection plan that will cover any breaks, drops, water spill, etc. that is deem NORMAL accident.  Taking a shower with your iPad is not normal, nor is taking it for a swim.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 17, 2013 at 5:20 PM

I am a huge iPad fan, and I don't mind the constraints of the apple world.

If I were using it for school, I would go windows.  If I was buying for an autistic child, I would go ipad.

You are going to get everyone saying something different, and everyone's husband who is in IT would never buy XYZ or would only touch the XYZ, really, I think it largely comes down to personal prefrence and what you feel the most comfortable using the features of.  

eblstanford03
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:54 PM

BUMP!

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:55 PM
iPad but I am an apple user . If you go with an iPad I recommend the iPad mini. I had an iPad 2 and won an iPad mini at work and the iPad mini is exactly the same but the screen is like an inch smaller however it is so much lighter! I carry mine in my purse so it makes a huge difference. I have given my iPad 2 to my daughter.
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:05 PM
I couldn't have only a tablet for school. I need a laptop with Microsoft office. My dell has windows 8, and I know some of them are touch screen and detach for tablet use.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN