Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

PSA: Don't be the a**hole parent!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

My son is in 2nd grade, he is 8 yrs. old.  This is his 2nd year playing tackle football in a competitve sports league.  The team is 1st and 2nd grade. Last year our coach was amazing, the boys went undefeated for the entire season and won the 'Superbowl'. They worked hard, they got yelled at, they ran when they jumped off sides in practice, they ran when they mess up their plays or if they weren't working hard enough, or weren't listening. They respected their coach! They also had a lot of fun. All the parents were great! 

This year, we have a different coach he's awesome! My husband is an assistant coach this year as well. The head coach is much softer spoken than last years. THen yesterday he had not one, but 2, parents come up and bitch him out. One dad for not putting his son in the right position or play or whatever. Then a mom came down and bitched out the head coach because  he made them run for not listening and messing up a play. Apparently according to this mom that was abusive, and the team should not be punished. They should only be having fun and her boys aren't 'having fun'.  Too top it off, she put her 4 yr. old on the team and he is having a hard time keeping up. HELLO HE IS 4!!! On a team with 6-7 &8 yr. olds. If you want your kid to have fun and get  rainbows and butterflies shot up their little butts, great! Put them in a rec league that isn't competitive. Put them in touch or flag where they aren't going to get pummeled by kids twice their size!! Don't sign your kid up for an expensive comptitive serious league and expect that there is no hard work and commitment involved!!  Oh and then the same mom bitched out the coache's wife, who is also the team mom,. I don't know what about, but the coaches wife got so worked up she gave herself a nosebleed. She has social anxiety. Plus, she's the team MOM how the HELL is any of this her fault? SHe brings popscicles and treats for the kids every week for god's sakes!!

Let me say, the coaches are fair. They are not abusive they want to see the boys succeed! They handed out the jerseys tonight and talked about what it means to wear a jersey and be a football player, respect, service, and basically being a good person.  I'm not a sports person, not at all. Football is hard for my kid, who isn't extemely athletic but he tries and guess what? I don't bitch out the coach! UGH.  

So if YOU are that parent, F* off, and go put your snowflakes in something else.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 17, 2013 at 1:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 17, 2013 at 1:10 AM

BUMP!

got2monsters
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 1:14 AM
I agree.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 17, 2013 at 1:23 AM

BUMP!

3_girls_86
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 1:26 AM
The only way they'll learn is to be pushed. I agree with you!
SyllabaryBisque
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 1:28 AM
BUMP!
thetrollcat
by Meow on Aug. 17, 2013 at 1:30 AM

LOL

Smcclellan7080
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 1:30 AM

I agree. 

QueenBof6
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 1:33 AM
Totally agree
sophiasmommy27
by Sarah Sweetheart on Aug. 17, 2013 at 1:33 AM
truth!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN