Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He won't let me talk about my dad?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Okay so my dad died on May 27th and I really miss him. We were very close. I signed off for life support to be discontinued after hospital--acquired infections. Well SO was there with me when he died, encouraging me to talk to him etc. Anyways lately everytime I try to mention my dad to SO---whether it's a happy time or sad moment or my doubts about disocntinuing lfie support---he always says "I don't want to talk about your dad right now. it's depressing. I don't want to think about death." My dad is NOT the grim reaper. my dad is not death itself. I miss my dad, and that's why i talk about him. I try to explain this to him and he simply says "I know but I'm tired". How can he be tired everytime? This really hurts bc i need to talk to someone and I only see her once every other week.

Anyways any advice? I am really sick of not getting what I need from him and this puts the icing on the cake. DD starts kindergarten this fall so i don't think moving away from him is a good option right now.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 17, 2013 at 4:37 AM
Replies (11-11):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 17, 2013 at 5:07 AM

His dad was a heroin addict, alcoholic, abusive schizohprenic. he often hda said my dad was "the only pisitive male role model in his lfie". So yes that's a good point.

Quoting missmamaof4:

Do you think your dads death effected him more then you know? It sounds like he had a really hard time with it and isnt dealing with it well

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)