Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

what would you do in this situation

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 70 Replies
Hypothetical question

You are pregnant. It was unplanned but you decided to keep the baby. You worked your budget out to be able to afford a baby. Then you find out you're having twins which you wouldn't be able to afford on top of whatever children you have now. You are not able to keep both

Your sister, who you are very close to, is having a hard time conceiving. She offers to adopt ONE of the babies.

WWYD
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this
No way. Make it work or adopt out both babies. But, we'd probably find a way to make it work.
Rosebud27aj
by Amanda on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:05 AM
3 moms liked this

I'd make it work somehow to keep both babies...

Lyzz3
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:07 AM
I would find a way to keep both of them.
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Hmmm no. Just no way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:07 AM
No way would I separate my babies.
cupcake_mom
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Exactly this

Quoting Anonymous:

No way. Make it work or adopt out both babies. But, we'd probably find a way to make it work.
TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:08 AM
2 moms liked this

Nope, I'd make it work with the extra baby.  I'd feel sorry for my sister, but I couldn't stand having someone else raise my child.

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:09 AM
No, it's all or nothing. It would be cruel to separate twins that way.
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:10 AM
I'd figure it out...I couldn't let go of the babies
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm all for adoption (I have been with a woman -girl- as her doula, who placed her baby with a couple. The 'parents' were in the room when she had the baby also and let me tell you.,.... I have never witnessed ANYTHING like the moment she had the baby, smiled and put him in moms arms. )   I think keeping an unwanted child and raising them half assed and making them suffer for your choices simply bc "his yours"  is the definition of selfish.

that said, the child is in the family still. It will know the story.  HOW do you explain why that child was picked over the other one???

Alternately, if person 1 is that bad off having a kid, what if the one that went to the sister has a significantly better life and the kept baby is pissed it wasnt them that went to live with aunt X?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)