Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So I got a note home saying no peanut butter

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 121 Replies
3 moms liked this

Why, because a kid in DS's 2and grade class ate another kid's nutter butter (stole it) and had an allergic reaction. Apparently now the mom is having a fit. This is not a situation where the kid can't be in the same room with peanut butter, it's that the kid hasn't been taught well enough to to steal other people's food. I called the principal on Friday and she said that there is no school rule to that effect. The teacher is allowed to make a rule for no peanut butter in the classroom but not in the lunch room. So I am planning on not sending peanut butter to the classroom, but to the lunch room, I will send what I want. My child is lactose intolerant so anything with milk is out (cheese crackers, cheese sandwiches, yogurt, string cheese) and while he will eat ham or turkery sandwiches occasionally but mostly as far as sandwiches go, it's peanut butter.

Don't get me wrong, if the child would be in danger of being in the same room with it but if the child just has to not eat it (since I didn't send it for that kid, it's ok) I am not going to go out of my way. I mean if my kid eats too much dairy, he could end up with a stomach bleed so guess what, I taught him not to eat dairy and not to eat other people's food, I didn't try to say that other kids couldn't have dairy at school.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:20 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Yes but you can't die from being Lactose Intolerant as you can with a peanut allergy. Have you ever eaten something that you shouldn't?
Rbrown72707
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:22 AM
2 moms liked this

Sounds like a lesson in self-control.  Hopefully the peanut thief learned his lesson:)

mommybug77
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Does he get in trouble for stealing food? Did it happen at school? The mother needs to take responsibility.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:23 AM
2 moms liked this

Your child eats enough dairy and has stomach issues. Another child has one bite of peanut and can't breathe. Oh yeah, I totally see how they are the same thing. SMH.

April620
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this
My dd isn't even a year yet so idk what I'd do in that situation 3-4 years from now but this looks like its becoming extremely common which is sad to see. I think if the principal said your son can have pb&j in the lunch room then he should be able to. I mean I think it's ridiculous all these food bans. Teach your kids to keep their hands to themselves and this wouldn't be happening. Parents need to take more responsiblility and stop expecting the teachers to parent their children for them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Have I ever stolen someone's food, no I can't say that I have

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes but you can't die from being Lactose Intolerant as you can with a peanut allergy. Have you ever eaten something that you shouldn't?

mommybug77
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

most people are smart enough to not eat something we're allergic to
cmabbott
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Agreed.

Quoting Rbrown72707:

Sounds like a lesson in self-control.  Hopefully the peanut thief learned his lesson:)

mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe the parent needs to control their child and punish that child for stealing. I'd be livid if that child stole my child's food. The mom should be pissed off at her child for stealing food and having a reaction. I mean if my child had an allergy to food I'd teach him to stay away from it. My kids already know not to steal people's food.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN