Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Im gonna throw that pregnant under aged no good teenager out of the house!!!!

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:34 AM
  • 282 Replies
3 moms liked this

No not really but I want some input on something...

My teen turned 18 yesterday and now she has an attitude (yes again). According to her she is now officially an adult, shouldnt have to have a curfew, spends/blows all her money on clothes yadda yadda, doesnt help around the house, works part time, thinks we should continue to support her because she really doesnt make ENOUGH money to really pay rent blah blah...

So I came up with several ideas, one is a chart of how much cost of living is if she is on her own and how much WE are paying and what her part (dividing by five as there is five of us living here) would cost to live at home and put in her equal share.

My second idea is a chart that demonstates how a child/teen behaves verses as an adult now how she SHOULD behave...

I need help with the teen behaves/ how she should NOW behave...

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.

by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:35 AM
2 moms liked this
Get a life
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Good luck I have a teen whose therapist agrees she should be on her own and thus has the I know everything attitude and omg it gets on my last nerve
t1gger143
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:36 AM
I hate 18 year old girls. My sister has been on one since turning 18. Brother is perfectly fine. (Twins) Good luck.
silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:37 AM
14 moms liked this
Tell her to straighten up or she can be a real adult and move out
JLS2388
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:37 AM
4 moms liked this

I agree, if she is an adult, she should pull her own weight.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:37 AM
3 moms liked this

You should try some of my tricks or even keep coming back maybe someone will give you some ideas.

Right now we got rules you have to be in school to live at home (with curfew). If you dont like the rules then move out.

Quoting Anonymous:

Good luck I have a teen whose therapist agrees she should be on her own and thus has the I know everything attitude and omg it gets on my last nerve

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.

starlight91
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Yep Im there with you, mine turned 18 yrs old in June.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:37 AM
4 moms liked this
Charge her some rent and let her do whatever she wants? A curfew at 18 is absurd.
LiLsMaMa21
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Wait, she's pregnant?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:38 AM
9 moms liked this

I really doubt a chart is going to help. She thinks she knows everything like most 18 year old's.

Make her pay rent. Add up what she makes a month and take half of it. Since she can't afford to live on her own that's fair. Adults don't get to live for free.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)