Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mrs. Kipling is loose in my town. UPDATE

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:57 AM
  • 47 Replies
5 moms liked this
Obviously both THE Mrs. Kipling (the Asian monitor from the Disney show Jessie), but a large monitor.

There's a community forum and people were freaking out, worrying over small children and pets -.- lol

Now it's become almost a game, lizard sightings around town and such.

I don't know much about them, or their natural habitat or anything, but it seems to be surviving pretty well here in Connecticut.
I wonder if it's actually okay though, anyone know anything about these?

Update-
Unfortunately the lizard, affectionately named Morty by the townspeople, is no more. It became a threat, eating chickens and stuff, and had to be taken down by the police. Apparently these things can be pretty dangerous, this one was 4 ft. I'm a little sad, I was hoping for a happy ending.

RIP Morty :(
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
spastic_poodle
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:58 AM
5 moms liked this
Hahaha sad that I knew exactly what you were talking about just by the title.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KGreen75
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:58 AM
It will probably die come winter.

Lol We watch Jesse in this house, lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Aww. Hopefully they'll catch it before then.

Animal Control is on high alert.

Quoting KGreen75:

Lol. It will probably die come winter.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Are they someone's pet? Or just free range? I'm guessing frm the pics I googled that Connecticut is not their natural habitat LOL.. Those things are umm.. Big! I don't k ow anything about them. I hadn't heard of them orbit or whatever until now, actually lol that's not good though. I'd probably crap my pants if I saw one lmao
Sj218
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Omg. I hate that show!
Cmgmqmmom
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Wow, they grow to seven feet! I hope they find it soon and it doesn't get hurt or killed ( or do any hurting our killing).
UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:02 PM
It's definitely someone's pet, although no one is claiming it.

I feel bad for the thing :(

Quoting Anonymous:

Are they someone's pet? Or just free range? I'm guessing frm the pics I googled that Connecticut is not their natural habitat LOL.. Those things are umm.. Big! I don't k ow anything about them. I hadn't heard of them orbit or whatever until now, actually lol that's not good though. I'd probably crap my pants if I saw one lmao
UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:03 PM
We have coyotes, those are probably the biggest threat, but they're probably terrified of it lol.

Quoting Cmgmqmmom:

Wow, they grow to seven feet! I hope they find it soon and it doesn't get hurt or killed ( or do any hurting our killing).
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Nope...I'd be moving. Eff Mrs Kipling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Yikes! I'm wondering if its gotten loose by accident or if someone just decided they didn't want it anymore and released it.

Quoting UxorQuodMatris.:

It's definitely someone's pet, although no one is claiming it.

I feel bad for the thing :(

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)