Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Life is a series of choice you are accountable for.

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 2:18 PM
  • 65 Replies
11 moms liked this

I come from a family of alcoholics. My life was going that way for a long time. I made a CHOICE to not throw my life away in the bottle. 

My Dad's Father was an abusive psycho who raped and molested his daughter. My Dad never put a hand on me and is not a violent person. His demons are exorcised in a bottle. 

My Fiance's parents are useless drug addicts and leeches on everyone around them. My Fiances makes the choice NOT to be like them. He's a well rounded, intelligent, hard working man that doesn't even drink. 

Everything is a choice. Yes, people are a product of their environment. We are not so helpless not to help ourselves though. 

I'm so sick of people not having accountability for their own lives. 

"The guns that's America, the drugs are what they gave to us And sex sells itself, don't judge her 'til it's you."

by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Double.Life
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 2:20 PM
2 moms liked this

Glad to hear you're changing your family history for the better :)

Glitchtastic
by Glitter Trauma on Aug. 18, 2013 at 2:21 PM

BUMP!

daughteroftruth
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 2:22 PM
4 moms liked this

Yes and no.  Not everything is a choice.  Our actions are a choice.  There are things in life that happen to us that are not due to choices we make.

Wicked.Jester
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 2:23 PM
10 moms liked this

I agree 100%.  The whining on this site in particular about how people have such unfair circumstances they simply cannot overcome makes me ill.

Very few people get dealt 4 aces in life.  We all get shit hands and we make a decision how to play them.

Glitchtastic
by Glitter Trauma on Aug. 18, 2013 at 2:24 PM

I agree. 

But I'm talking about making choices. Not unfortunate happenings. 

Quoting daughteroftruth:

Yes and no.  Not everything is a choice.  Our actions are a choice.  There are things in life that happen to us that are not due to choices we make.

Glitchtastic
by Glitter Trauma on Aug. 18, 2013 at 2:25 PM

BUMP!

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Aug. 18, 2013 at 2:25 PM
The thing is some people don't know how to make the right choices.
Not everyone can overcome it.
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I do believe that most things are a direct result of our choices. Too many people prefer to make the easy choices and then blame society when the consequences come around. The examples in the OP are good ones. I don't believe addicts are victims.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rayroe2
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 2:26 PM
2 moms liked this
Family history and the government making things a certain way are two different things.
Foolynroo2
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 2:26 PM
3 moms liked this

Good luck with this. I have read women on here who talk about blowing their refund checks on furniture, vacations etc to only see those SAME people 7 months later saying they can't afford christmas, and its always someone elses fault.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)