Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Life is a series of choice you are accountable for.

Posted by   + Show Post

I come from a family of alcoholics. My life was going that way for a long time. I made a CHOICE to not throw my life away in the bottle. 

My Dad's Father was an abusive psycho who raped and molested his daughter. My Dad never put a hand on me and is not a violent person. His demons are exorcised in a bottle. 

My Fiance's parents are useless drug addicts and leeches on everyone around them. My Fiances makes the choice NOT to be like them. He's a well rounded, intelligent, hard working man that doesn't even drink. 

Everything is a choice. Yes, people are a product of their environment. We are not so helpless not to help ourselves though. 

I'm so sick of people not having accountability for their own lives. 

"The guns that's America, the drugs are what they gave to us And sex sells itself, don't judge her 'til it's you."

by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Replies (61-65):
idee
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 7:56 PM

I believe those choices lead to consequences and the conssquences make a person who they are today. It's whether you learn from them or how you handle it.

1L2CMommy
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I think I just fell in love with you!! I 100% agree. My BIGGEST pet peeve is people who play the victim. I believe and am raising my kids that the only person you can control in the world is yourself, so get yourself under control. We may not be able to control what happens to us, but we can always control how we react, respond and recover from it, ALWAYS, ALWAYS.
Glitchtastic
by Glitter Trauma on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:56 AM

We all make crap choices in our lives. You just gotta own up to them and yep you said it learn from them. 

Quoting idee:

I believe those choices lead to consequences and the conssquences make a person who they are today. It's whether you learn from them or how you handle it.

skippy13
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:57 PM

I agree with your stands howvever some of the addictions that you have been exposed to are indeed sicknesses Dont judge so quickly..to me parenting has always been a crap shoot You can be the best parent in the world and the kid can be a major loser!!! I think that we should be accountable but for the most part we only replicate how we havae been parented

Kmary
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:08 PM

"We have no say over the hand dealt us in life, but we do have a say in how that hand is played."

Eh, life is part the consequences of our choices and part dumb luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured