Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does your family have rules about how you use their kids' photos?

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 3:00 PM
  • 32 Replies

My sister has asked that I not post pictures of her sons here, or on other forums, but doesn't mind facebook.  I've never had a problem following her wishes.

Does anyone else have rules about how their kids photos are used online?

Any family members ever give you rules?

Do you follow their wishes?

by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 18, 2013 at 3:03 PM
My fil was really mean to my dd (long story) but it was bad. She won't go near him. Any way, he put a picture up on fb of her and I flipped out!! So he is not allowed to but the rest of my family has boundaries but for fb or emails I dint mind.
starlight91
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 3:04 PM

lmao telling others what they can or can not do, no i dont do that.

tardistraveller
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 3:04 PM

well, it is their kids I guess. It's a respect thing I think.

Quoting starlight91:

Mommy2ETnBM
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 3:05 PM

I have not had any family members tell me that. However, I most certainly do not post photos of my children anywhere on the internet aside from my Facebook, which is private. I just can't understand the people who post pictures of their little ones on pages like this. Do they not realize this place has tons of creepers on it, not just housewives? Pedophiles, perverts, and the like. Keep your kids off here unless you want their pics in some nasty perverts internet photo album!

lenashark
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 3:05 PM
I don't like my sons photos to be posted anywhere but private Facebook albums, everyone who takes pictures of my son knows it. Most of my family
, i dont have siblings but my cousins and their children, have similar requests and I respect them.
TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 3:06 PM

I don't post any anywhere.  And my kids' accounts are locked down tight.

briansmommy2010
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 3:06 PM
The only rules I was ever given were before my sister finalized the adoptions of my niece and nephew. Since they were still in foster care, legally their photos were not allowed to be posted online. I followed that one because if I hadn't, my sister could have potentially lost the right to adopt them.
starlight91
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 3:06 PM

no its an entitlement thing. some think they are entitled to tell others what they can or can not do, oh but you better not think youre gonna tell them what they can or can not do..lol

Quoting tardistraveller:

well, it is their kids I guess. It's a respect thing I think.

Quoting starlight91:

JustFox
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 3:07 PM
My mom doesn't follow my rules with my daughter there's a reason I can post but not others besides her father. Her fathers mother is a horrible person and so we don't want her having pictures. All she does is cause issues so we are careful what info she gets. My mom will post updates and such because his mother has minpulated my mom in believing she's the victim.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2013 at 3:07 PM

I don't post my son anywhere but my private facebook page just for family.  I've taken my mom off facebook for posting my son on her page where she has creepy guys from all over the world commenting on the pics.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN