Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHM BEWARE!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 82 Replies
If this has never happened to you then Thank God but.. My dh just made me feel like crap. A little background. I have worked and supported myself since College. I have always been independent. Before we got married we sat down and we both agreed when we had a child I would stay home to nurture and teach her until she went to school. He knows giving up my independence is a sacrafice for me but the payoff is way more important for us(not judging at all if you have to work I commend you for juggling it all). Dh makes more than enough money to support me being a sahm. That being said we only have one Dd. i have never had a babysitter for her in her 3 years and the only breaks I ever get are 2 hours three times a month when I just go for a drive to clear my head Dh watches her. So yesterday he calls me and says do you need a break? You can go out get something to eat catch a movie go to a bookstore get some coffee make a day of it. Omg that sounded like heaven! So today I was like I have it all planned Im going do this and that and eat at this place. He says to me "with what money?" I got so turned off I said forget it and started cleaning and crying. He said He was kidding but it just really hit me like a ton of bricks! He is a control freak. He gives me money freely but I have no access to all the money. I didnt know he would be like this and now Im stuck!
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2013 at 4:01 PM
8 moms liked this

You aren't stuck, tell him that you're going back to work and explain to him EXACTLY why. Let him know that the agreement you made became null and void the moment he began mistreating you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2013 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Time to go back to work if he is going to be that way. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 18, 2013 at 4:03 PM
2 moms liked this

no my dh has never said that and if he did i would be fine. i will go get a job and you can clean your own damn underwear and cook your own damn food and since i will be working you will have to do half of the chores around the house and oh btw, the kids will be in daycare because if you are going to hold money over my head i will make my own damn money . That would all be said after i slapped him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 18, 2013 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Why don't you have access to all the money? Do you not have a joint account with a debit card?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 18, 2013 at 4:03 PM
2 moms liked this
You aren't stuck. Go back to work or divorce him. You have choices. I have access to all of OUR money because even though I am a sahm, we are a team.
MomTo2Boys12
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Preach it sista! I totally agree!

Quoting Anonymous:

no my dh has never said that and if he did i would be fine. i will go get a job and you can clean your own damn underwear and cook your own damn food and since i will be working you will have to do half of the chores around the house and oh btw, the kids will be in daycare because if you are going to hold money over my head i will make my own damn money . That would all be said after i slapped him.

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 4:05 PM
I agree. Thats bs.

Quoting Anonymous:

You aren't stuck, tell him that you're going back to work and explain to him EXACTLY why. Let him know that the agreement you made became null and void the moment he began mistreating you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Aug. 18, 2013 at 4:06 PM
Wow, I'm a SAHM and have access to every penny. I'm sorry he acted like that.

A day off lik you described sounds so nice, as soon as my husband has a Sunday off I'm going to request one.

So did you end up going?
JLS2388
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I would never be a SAHM if I didn't have equal access to the money. I don't care if child care would cost more then what I make, there is no way, as an adult that I would agree to having to ask my DH for money.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2013 at 4:07 PM
He saw his mother take advantage of his dad. I just learned this about him. I was stupid I always had my own money so this was never an issue in our relationship. Now he has me by the "balls".

Quoting Anonymous:

Why don't you have access to all the money? Do you not have a joint account with a debit card?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)