Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

what happened to raising boys to be MEN?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 189 Replies
20 moms liked this
I don't understand this new obsession with trying to make boys so effeminate. Really? Yes i have boys and they will become MEN. They wikl understand that yes, there are differences between girls and boys and they are not able to do everything girls can do. No nail polish, no frilly head bands or skirts. I don't care about dolls or a pink BOYS shirt, but no I'm not going to cross dress a toddler. Do what you please with your children, but don't be surprised when a 30 yeat old man can't comprehend social norms in the real world. I will guide my children until they are old enough to make their own decisions, not be their "yes man"
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 4:09 PM
29 moms liked this
I don't care about gender roles. I find them arbitrary and pointless.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2013 at 4:10 PM
BUMP
Tagenmom
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 4:11 PM
2 moms liked this
Social norms change with every generation.
Wicked.Jester
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 4:12 PM
2 moms liked this

HAHAHAHAHAHA......yeah because indulging a toddler is going to completely erase an adult's ability to "comprehend social norms."

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Meh, my son would put my makeup on when he was a toddler.  He saw me do it and would get into it while I was in the shower.  He's one of the most boyish boys I know.  All I had to do to get him to stay out of my bathroom recently was put down a pink rug.

JamesMom714
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 4:13 PM
9 moms liked this
I agree. I am not bothered that DS (3) may have a doll. I don't dress him in pink as I dislike the color. But I am raising him to be a strong and caring gentleman.

I will, however teach him that a real man, and a real father DOES help with the babies and housework when needed. I also plan in teaching him to cook and basic sewing... Along with hiking, hunting, fishing and woodworking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SciFiMama91
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 4:13 PM
3 moms liked this
This post would be absolutely ridiculous if I wasn't so completely amused by it.

The most manly guy I've ever met was dressed as a princess most of the time from 2-6yo.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2013 at 4:14 PM
7 moms liked this

I absolutely agree with you. I am not raising girly men, I refuse to. I like that my husband is a beast of a man, and, I will raise my sons to be just like him.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2013 at 4:15 PM
I agree with you OP
Sanctimommy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 4:16 PM
6 moms liked this

Once upon a time mothers said this sort of shit about their daughters wearing pants. Oh no...what is this world coming to???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)