Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i dont like breastfeeding

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 105 Replies
Ive only been doing it two weeks, and i use a nipple shield so it doesnt hurt as bad as it did, but i still just dont like it.
I dont want to stop because i know its whats best for my baby and i love him and he deserves the best, but i just really dislike being the only one that wakes up to feed him. Even if i pump him bottles i would still have to wake up to pump...
Did anybody else feel this way? How did you get through it?
I dont know if this is how i really feel or if i am just tired. I dont understand why bf moms say it is so much easier, i think i would be having an easier time if my husband could wake up and feed him too...
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Bump!!!
fraujones
by Mommytron on Aug. 18, 2013 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this
It gets easier. Making up bottles all day seems like a lot of work to me. If you pump during the day your husband could feed the baby at night sometimes.
Aslen
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 5:38 PM
6 moms liked this

You have to get through the first 4-6 weeks to see why we love it. The first 4-6 weeks are the hardest. Get AWAY from using the nipple shield, contact a good LC (a good lactation consultant is usually IBCLC certified)

Right now, he doesn't need bottles, or pacis, or anything else. He only needs you.

CV3
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Yeah but you only have to wake up the first few weeks. Then you dont really have to do much, so its not as tiring
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2013 at 5:40 PM
4 moms liked this

It's easier for me to just roll over and pop a boob in her mouth than to get up, walk to kitchen and make bottle, and then come back and feed baby. I barely even wake up for the night feedings anymore. Once your nipple soreness goes away it does get better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2013 at 5:41 PM
I would still have to wake up to pump, i dont really see the point in both of us being tired especially because he is working a lot

Quoting fraujones:

It gets easier. Making up bottles all day seems like a lot of work to me. If you pump during the day your husband could feed the baby at night sometimes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2013 at 5:41 PM

i liked it because we co slept and i did not have to get out of bed to go feed my baby! I just took out my boob put it in her mouth and we went back to sleep!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2013 at 5:42 PM
Whats wrong with the shield? It saved my bf efforts, i was a hair away from giving up.

Quoting Aslen:

You have to get through the first 4-6 weeks to see why we love it. The first 4-6 weeks are the hardest. Get AWAY from using the nipple shield, contact a good LC (a good lactation consultant is usually IBCLC certified)

Right now, he doesn't need bottles, or pacis, or anything else. He only needs you.

SaraBethKY
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 5:42 PM

I felt exactly the same way! My problem was that I wasn't making enough milk so she was always hungry and not getting enough. I tried everything they say to try and nothing worked. The experience was bad for both of us and I decided after 4 weeks (definitely supplementing with formula the last two weeks since she had lost too much weight not to) that the best thing for baby and me was to go to exclusively formula. My pediatrician had the same experience with her 3 kids anc completely backed me up, as did DH who is also a peds/adults resident. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2013 at 5:44 PM
He doesnt sleep in bed with us, we like our blankets and pillows and my husband moves around a lot and is a really hard sleeper. Cosleeping just isnt for us, im just not comfortable with it. And i have to get up to change his diaper anyway

Quoting Anonymous:

i liked it because we co slept and i did not have to get out of bed to go feed my baby! I just took out my boob put it in her mouth and we went back to sleep!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured