Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't understand gender reveal parties?

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 6:07 PM
  • 399 Replies
3 moms liked this
How do you throw one are guest supposed to bring gifts? If so what's an acceptable gift? Do you get a gender reveal party then also a baby shower?!

My aunt posted on Facebook that she had gone to her first gender reveal party my first thought was sex change operation?

Idk advice?
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kikibix
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 6:11 PM

I've never been to one of those. I'd assume it's the shower as well because 2 parties to get gifts would be in poor taste.  I guess you buy neutral coloured clothing or things like toys, towelling/toiletries, gift cards? 

Motherof3inNJ
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 6:13 PM
13 moms liked this

I find them to be ridiculous. I have no idea what the proper etiquette is for one. I've never been invited to one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 18, 2013 at 6:15 PM
20 moms liked this

It's just another one of those steps you take in making sure you have a snowflake. 

Greenstone920
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 6:16 PM
7 moms liked this
I think they're incredibly pretentious. I don't think I would ever go to one even if I was invited.
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Aug. 18, 2013 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I think they are so ridiculous.
michelles89
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 6:18 PM
I had one at work I just took the envelope with what the tech wrote straight to the bakery and they made the cake in that color they messed it up and made the outside the gender not inside but they packaged it and with the envelope had the us pics
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mileysmom331
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 6:19 PM

im with you idk what its suppose to be, i dont see a point in it, why not just tell everyone what the baby is over facebook/text/in person whatever and then have a baby shower, thats what ive always done lol

TeamTARDIS
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 6:20 PM
18 moms liked this
I went to one and it was fun! No gifts just friends and family having dinner and getting a nice surprise at the end!
SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 6:21 PM
14 moms liked this
It takes a certain kind of mother to think people care which gender her child is.
SuthernBelleo0o
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 6:24 PM
8 moms liked this

we had one when i was pregnant with DD. It was a fun way to let eveyone know what we were having. we just had our parents, and 2 really close friends. nothing big. We ordered pizza and I made a cake and we just hung out. there were no gifts involved at all, 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN