Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't think tattoos would suit me :(

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 6:57 PM
  • 37 Replies
I have one just above my right ankle which I adore, and lots of people have said it looks really good on me. I've chosen my next one and am planning 2 more, but I'm majorly fussy about placement.
I want to be able to see it easily, as it's going to be a quote that inspires me. So back is out. I thought about just under where my breasts finish, but I'd rarely get to show it off. I'm very small and slim so not much bicep room. And I just like my bare skin. I love the idea of being covered, telling my entire life story through my skin. But I just don't think it would look good on me! Anyone got any ideas for an alternative placement?
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
theresa13183
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 6:59 PM

maybe on the inside of your hip above your pant line...or if its a quote you really like and want to see often you could always fit it on the inside of one or both of your wrists

EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on Aug. 18, 2013 at 7:02 PM
Be honest, do you view tattoos that are close the pubic area as slutty?

Quoting theresa13183:

maybe on the inside of your hip above your pant line...or if its a quote you really like and want to see often you could always fit it on the inside of one or both of your wrists

theresa13183
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 7:11 PM

i dont personally

this is my tattoo and it is next to a few 'sexual' areas....but you can see it unless i'm wearing a bathing suit and so i dont find it to be a big deal....and tattoo artists are very professional about it so you wouldn't have to worry about that being awkward either

i think if the tattoo has meaning and is placed tastefully then it wont look slutty at all

Quoting EntrepeneurMom:

Quoting theresa13183:

EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on Aug. 18, 2013 at 7:47 PM
Yours isn't slutty at all. I'm debating between straight across my torso, below where my breasts end, ribs, or high up my left thigh

Quoting theresa13183:

i dont personally

this is my tattoo and it is next to a few 'sexual' areas....but you can see it unless i'm wearing a bathing suit and so i dont find it to be a big deal....and tattoo artists are very professional about it so you wouldn't have to worry about that being awkward either

i think if the tattoo has meaning and is placed tastefully then it wont look slutty at all

Quoting EntrepeneurMom:

Quoting theresa13183:

missmamaof4
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 7:48 PM

i have words on my wrist.  Maybe you can get it done there? make it small and simple

EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on Aug. 18, 2013 at 7:53 PM
My wrists have a diameter of 4.5 inches lol Nothing is fitting on there!

Quoting missmamaof4:

i have words on my wrist.  Maybe you can get it done there? make it small and simple

EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on Aug. 18, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Quoting missmamaof4:

missmamaof4
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 8:05 PM

lol i understand.  Im like 100lbs(well when im not pregnant) I have the word breathe and a little design thing with it thats it.  Something bigger wouldnt fit.  And im just saying with little wrist like ours it frickin hurts like a bitch!

Quoting EntrepeneurMom:

Quoting missmamaof4:

baby growth

thejodigirl
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 8:08 PM

I like just above the knee. When your at home and comfy you can be in shorts and see it whenever you want. Or wear shorts out but still be able to wear pants and keep it covered.

BEXi
by BEXi on Aug. 18, 2013 at 8:10 PM

I have a cage tat, like the PP posted above. I really love the placement of tattoos over ribs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN