Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are older moms just jealous of young parents that didn't mess it up?

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:18 PM
  • 890 Replies
55 moms liked this

***the word jealous was to catch attention and the over all post was more of a PSA. Maybe a reminder that no matter what your age, what was best for you doesnt make someone else wrong or less. I posted because we are a good example IMO of doing well in life no matter our age. I have seen a group (not every older mom) guilty of being nasty just for the sake of feeling better about themselves or so it sounds after many posts. Everyone needs to remember we all have pros and cons, things to learn and teach, being open at any age is smart!
Had to be "edgy" or it wouldn't have gotten 10 replies

It seems on this site women are so quick to assume all young mothers were dumb, immature, poor and there is no possible way they could have planned their lives or thought at all about what their choices meant.

I am speaking in terms of marrying young and having children young both of which I did and I would confidently say, I not only planned my life with intention but also pulled it off better than most! Somehow none of you can accept that because of age or is it just because you had to wait till 30-40 to do what I did in my "party days"

Not every young wife or mother was dumb and irresponsible! Not every stay at home mother did it because she had no choices or because she didn't think out the sacrifices it would take (putting off schooling or work, saving more because anything could happen etc). Not every young family struggles and set their children up to fail in life! Some are actually happy in their marriage, well off and living life to the fullest!

Oh and before you say it, no I don't care what people here think! I don't think we are special and I don't want a cookie! Just admit you can't stand that you aren't better, your marriage isn't happier and you kids are more prepared for life just because you had kids at 30 instead of 19!

by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:20 PM
23 moms liked this
Not jealous and don't care.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:20 PM
11 moms liked this

when i was 17, i had 2 kids, was married. a sahm. owned our own house and cars. not the norm, but ive never been normal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:20 PM
42 moms liked this

Actually yes, my kids are more FINANCIALLY stable because I took the time to get an education and start my career BEFORE having them. Money was invested for their future at an earlier age.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:21 PM
48 moms liked this
Never had the desire to have kids at 19 or be a teen mom in any way. Never will I be jealous of a teen mom.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:22 PM
11 moms liked this
Quoting Anonymous:

when i was 17, i had 2 kids, was married. a sahm. owned our own house and cars. not the norm, but ive never been normal.

i call bs unless you married some old guy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:24 PM
2 moms liked this

nah. hes a few years older. we are divorced now, but i was doing ok when i was younger.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

LuvingMy3Girls
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:24 PM
10 moms liked this
I honestly don't care what others do When they had kids when they got married when they went to school did or didn't doesn't affect me one tiny bit That's great that you have a nice life. You sound like you are a bit bothered by people's Assumptions. Who cares. Just go enjoy your life....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommysmadae
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:24 PM
4 moms liked this
I was married and had my first at 19. While it was hard we've done well in life so yea no regrets. I'm also now going back to school to finish my degree even though I don't need it I just want to finish what I started.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:24 PM
24 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually yes, my kids are more FINANCIALLY stable because I took the time to get an education and start my career BEFORE having them. Money was invested for their future at an earlier age.

Well, you know, life IS all about money. Good comment! *sarcastic eye roll*
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:25 PM
I was kinda thinking the same thing.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN