Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It irritates me...

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:13 PM
  • 16 Replies
When people criticize what I feed my son. He's only 6 months old and I'm trying to be careful to follow guidelines on the type of food he can eat.

Its not that big of a deal but whenever someone wants to give him a taste of something, my sister always has to chime in and say she's anal about everything he eats or if I try to talk about what food he's eating now and what I have but he can't eat yet because he's only on first foods right now, I get a bunch of eye rolls.

I guess I just don't understand why people just can't accept that I am parenting my child different than they did theirs.

I just wanted to put this out there cause I can't tell it to anyone else without then spreading my business.
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmmaGill1006
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:23 PM
I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about it... My sister and I don't get along at all. She is 4 years older then me and my earliest memory of her is her calling me names and fatty...when I was 3 years old. I have learned just to ignore the snarky comments and eye rolls. I didn't want to call her to tell her me and dh are expecting our first baby...i didn't want to hear the "oh...that's nice..." in her sarcastic tone.. So I sent her a private Facebook message that was really sweet letting her know that in April she is going to be an aunt...i got a response of "ok, congrats"...thats it..two words. I wasn't expecting a gushing response of I'm so happy for you or anything but a little excitement would have been nice. Sisters can be a bitch just like every other mean girl...
Princess_s21
by Sarah on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Just ignore it, your child, your way, thats the bottom line, others should just respect that.

22asms10
by Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Even one of my friends does it. I went to her daughters birthday party a few weeks ago and she said you better give him frosting! I'm like um no I don't want him to have any. The next day we were at another birthday party and she gave it to him anyway I'm like wtf!!

Quoting EmmaGill1006:

I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about it... My sister and I don't get along at all. She is 4 years older then me and my earliest memory of her is her calling me names and fatty...when I was 3 years old. I have learned just to ignore the snarky comments and eye rolls. I didn't want to call her to tell her me and dh are expecting our first baby...i didn't want to hear the "oh...that's nice..." in her sarcastic tone.. So I sent her a private Facebook message that was really sweet letting her know that in April she is going to be an aunt...i got a response of "ok, congrats"...thats it..two words. I wasn't expecting a gushing response of I'm so happy for you or anything but a little excitement would have been nice. Sisters can be a bitch just like every other mean girl...

22asms10
by Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:29 PM
I try to ignore it but every time the subject comes up its the same thing. I think to myself seriously just get over it.

Quoting Princess_s21:

Just ignore it, your child, your way, thats the bottom line, others should just respect that.

Princess_s21
by Sarah on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:31 PM

right, have you ever flat out said something though, instead of thinking it, maybe if you say something it will give them something to think about.....

Quoting 22asms10:

I try to ignore it but every time the subject comes up its the same thing. I think to myself seriously just get over it.

Quoting Princess_s21:

EmmaGill1006
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:35 PM
I don't understand why people can't respect that you are following a specific diet for your baby... If you don't want them to have the junk and frosting, they should respect that as a parent...what if ur little one had an allergic reaction to the dye or something.. It grinds my gears when women has a kid and they think they know it all.. Hello! This is my kid and I will decide what they ingest!

Quoting 22asms10:

Even one of my friends does it. I went to her daughters birthday party a few weeks ago and she said you better give him frosting! I'm like um no I don't want him to have any. The next day we were at another birthday party and she gave it to him anyway I'm like wtf!!

Quoting EmmaGill1006:

wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:35 PM

I followed the rule of 1 new food for 3 days and if no reactions, then it was added to the list of what he could eat. If people didn't agree with me that was their problem, my kid , my rules!

And even today if I eat cake i don't eat the frosting. I get enough sugar in the cake, i don't need a sugar rush!

mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:40 PM
My sister does it to me because since having her first she knows everything. I don't know how my other two have made it the last 6&7 years without her "helping" me. She thinks I have no idea what I'm doing with my younges because I don't feed her everything organic or soy and I use formula. I had an issue with her nursing to the point I cried in pain because she flatten my nipple when she latched on. She like that's normal and you just need to get over it. Umm no its not normal to be in so much pain you can't have her latch on more then a few mins. When you have her a bottle she sucked so hard she clasped the nipple. I was goin to hell because I was pumping instead of nursing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
22asms10
by Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:41 PM
The most I've probably said was so what I feed him what I want but they just don't stop and I don't like getting into fights with people so I just let them talk.

Quoting Princess_s21:

right, have you ever flat out said something though, instead of thinking it, maybe if you say something it will give them something to think about.....

Quoting 22asms10:

Quoting Princess_s21:

22asms10
by Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Right! They say well I did this when they were however old or I gave them this food or I just started them on this food right away. I'm just like good for you I'm not doing that. I'm trying to not eat junk food so I don't want my son growing up eating it if I'm not.

Quoting EmmaGill1006:

I don't understand why people can't respect that you are following a specific diet for your baby... If you don't want them to have the junk and frosting, they should respect that as a parent...what if ur little one had an allergic reaction to the dye or something.. It grinds my gears when women has a kid and they think they know it all.. Hello! This is my kid and I will decide what they ingest!

Quoting 22asms10:

Quoting EmmaGill1006:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured