Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The simple life :)

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:17 PM
  • 13 Replies
I think today's kiddos are ruled by technology. I mean my kid has a tablet and a wii and junk like that. But last night we took her and my niece out to our friends house. They rent a place on a ranch. They have 5 kids total (combined family). The kids were "bored" after 20 minutes. Seriously?! You're outside on a ranch and there are 7 of you!! We taught them to play mother may I, man hunt, sardines, and red rover. It was the best thing ever watching them run wild like we used to with no electronics and have a blast. They played for hours with no complaints :). We finally brought them home dirty and covered in hay! What do your kids do that is still considered living the simple life?

**a little edit: we bring dd to do outside things often, fishing, camping, the creek, ect. Was just curious what your kiddos do :) we live in an apt with no backyard right now, and she doesn't know any kids here yet, so that's not an available option to her. Also we're in a super small town with not much kid friendly stuff.
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Lots of things. They only get so much on the computer or kindle during a day. Sometimes are more when it is cold out, too many rainy days or sick(which pretty much they are in bed sleeping but every know and when they are starting to feel better they will).

They love to play in our back yard, with the neighbor kids, run in the sprinkler, go for walks, ride there bikes, fly kites and lots of other things.

justpeachy71904
by peachy on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Mine has an American girl doll she loves to play with all the time

A rainbow loom she sits and makes bracelets with

She has an easel and paints

We swim in the pool

She does a lot of stuff
ymom3
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Ds loves to play basketball, jump on his tramponline, swim, and play at the park.
stargazerwolf
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Now that we have a house with a backyard, we are in the backyard a lot! My 5 year old played with her friend the other day using the little greenhouse as a playhouse playing house :) Both her and my 15 month old play in the dirt, run around, etc. My 5 year old enjoys her bike and scooter. We play with our dog. We go to the park, dog park, on walks. We hope to still plant some veggies in pots in the greenhouse, and in the spring we will plant a garden! We will be doing hayrack rides and pick a pumpkin in the fall, crafts hopefully for the holidays. Bake cookies or other things. Build snowmen in winter. etc... etc... the list could go on! :) I do enjoy technology but I am also the kind to love the outdoors, fishing, camping and getting away from crap in the world lol.

TexasGirl90
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:37 PM
We love camping, fishing, crabbing, ect :)

Quoting stargazerwolf:

Now that we have a house with a backyard, we are in the backyard a lot! My 5 year old played with her friend the other day using the little greenhouse as a playhouse playing house :) Both her and my 15 month old play in the dirt, run around, etc. My 5 year old enjoys her bike and scooter. We play with our dog. We go to the park, dog park, on walks. We hope to still plant some veggies in pots in the greenhouse, and in the spring we will plant a garden! We will be doing hayrack rides and pick a pumpkin in the fall, crafts hopefully for the holidays. Bake cookies or other things. Build snowmen in winter. etc... etc... the list could go on! :) I do enjoy technology but I am also the kind to love the outdoors, fishing, camping and getting away from crap in the world lol.

littlemoments99
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:38 PM

My little sister has her own tablet but she almost never uses it. She LOVES to be outside and play with friends. She is outside from the time she wakes up to dinner. My mom has to make her come in for lunch. She is 7 and super skinny and super tan. Every summer she looks golden brown (she doesn't burn) I guess she doesn't care much about technology which is a good thing, especially for her age!      :)

RobJar
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM
My boys are swimmers when it's warm. They beg to go to the lake every chance we get. My mom also has a pool. They spend many summer days and nights in that thing.

In the winter they are pretty much home bodies, but we limit electronics to 30 mins a day during the school year.
TexasGirl90
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:40 PM
That's awesome! Good for her! I wish we lived somewhere with more kids my dd's age. Haven't met any in our apartment yet, and there isn't any kind of park. Other than the "dog park" lol

Quoting littlemoments99:

My little sister has her own tablet but she almost never uses it. She LOVES to be outside and play with friends. She is outside from the time she wakes up to dinner. My mom has to make her come in for lunch. She is 7 and super skinny and super tan. Every summer she looks golden brown (she doesn't burn) I guess she doesn't care much about technology which is a good thing, especially for her age!      :)

colins_mom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:40 PM
my son eats breakfast, showers, gets dressed and is outside till lunch. after lunch he is back outside. I love my neighborhood because he can do stuff like that. we have tons of kids on bikes and scooters all over the place
TexasGirl90
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:42 PM
We go to the creek and river a lot. Our apartment has a tiny pool, but it's always packed. When its not we still don't go.. I can only imagine how much pee is in it lol. Just a tiny pool of stranger pee... Lol

Quoting RobJar:

My boys are swimmers when it's warm. They beg to go to the lake every chance we get. My mom also has a pool. They spend many summer days and nights in that thing.

In the winter they are pretty much home bodies, but we limit electronics to 30 mins a day during the school year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN