Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Child support

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:32 PM
  • 20 Replies

Poll

Question: who is right?

Options:

DH

Me

Other. You may have a different opinion then us both

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 16

View Results

So DH and I have two different opinions on what child support is supposed to be for. I think as long as its spent on the child and every other need is taken care then why not buy the kid a water park pass or something. He thinks clothes and bills only. What does everyone else think? 

I will not listen to you bitch about my punctuation/grammar.

by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Child support is that deadbeat loser's reimbursement to ME for paying HIS half for the past 13 yrs. He owes me and his son. I put all my money together, so I don't differentiate. I work, I get CS and my kid is taken care of. That's all he should care about.

pregnantmama105
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:36 PM
kids needs. clothes. their person hygine items, diapers formula if needed. food. shelter
yikesitsmindy
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:36 PM
I think it is for whatever the eff you want to spend it on.
Poison_Ivy_86
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:37 PM
2 moms liked this

It goes for whatever we want.  If something needs to be paid, I'll use it.  If we want to go out for dinner as a family, I'll use it.  And I couldn't care less what anyone says/thinks about it.

stargazerwolf
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:37 PM

As long as the kid's needs are taken care of the child support can be used for other things. Most child support barely covers what the child needs. In my  case my ex rarely pays his $50/ month anyway and when he does then sometimes I do spend it on something I want (though usually on a bill) $50 barely covers anything for our 5 year old and he is behind still...I pay for all the needs of our child, he is supposed to have her on his insurance but can't freakin keep a job...Basically it is reimbursement for taking full care of the child, so as I said, CS can be used for whatever you want as long as the kids needs are taken care of.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Bills, clothes, household items(tp, shampoo etc), and activities for the child/children.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:38 PM
It depends on the person and the situation. If this person relies on CS as a main support for their child/children then yes it should be for kid necessities then bills (bills should be paid by the parent with their own money). If everything is paid for before CS comes in (as in my situation) I view the money as extra and is spent on whatever I want for my child, myself or my family (dh and ds 6 and 1). To use it for vanity purposes before your child's needs are met is not ok.
CampClan
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM
I spend it on the bills. Heck with 5 kids they use way more than I do!
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Food, clothes, utilities, healthcare, etc...
CocoaKisses70
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:43 PM

well based on what my former lawyer told me, its used on ANYTHING that helps take care or provides for the child.... some bills,gas in the car to get them to and from appointments and drop offs to their dad. I sent my daughter to summer camp with some of the money.I use it to buy school clothes,supplies, pay HER cell bill, It paid for a class and books my ds took at a community college over the summer.My other ds wanted a new skate board because his broke,it was also used to replace that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN