Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Seriously kid

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

I had two free tickets for six flags on my fridge. My dd brought one in and asked when we were going. That was Friday. Planned to go tomorrow and the ticket isn't there just the one. So she didn't put it back and now we can't find it. Grrrr.  I told her if she can't find it and wants to go her ticket is coming out of her money. She is 10. 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds reasonable to me.

Mish321
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Poor kid! I can imagine  how upset she is right now. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:41 PM

This isn't the first time she has done this kind of thing. I told her to put it back on the fridge. She lost a $100 bill.  I had put it away and she decided she wanted to keep it.  She put it somewhere and it went missing. Found it two years later when we moved. She lost our season passes to SeaWorld when she took them out of the basket I had them in.  Maybe this way she will learn to leave things alone. 

Quoting Mish321:

Poison_Ivy_86
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Gah.  Sometimes I wish I could bind my kids' fingers and hands with tape until they were 18.  They are always getting into and touching things they shouldn't be.  And they are both 9!!!

Mish321
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM

She will not :-) I was/ am the same way, I always put staff " in a safe place", and forget where this place is. Everyone gets mad at me all the time. I'm 29yo, and still do it. I know how she feels right now, trust me it's not a good feeling. 

Quoting Anonymous:

This isn't the first time she has done this kind of thing. I told her to put it back on the fridge. She lost a $100 bill.  I had put it away and she decided she wanted to keep it.  She put it somewhere and it went missing. Found it two years later when we moved. She lost our season passes to SeaWorld when she took them out of the basket I had them in.  Maybe this way she will learn to leave things alone. 

Quoting Mish321:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:49 PM

What made me angry was that I specifically told her not to touch them.  Then when she came in with it I told her to put it back right then.  She didn't. I have told her over and over again to not touch certain things. 

Quoting Mish321:

She will not :-) I was/ am the same way, I always put staff " in a safe place", and forget where this place is. Everyone gets mad at me all the time. I'm 29yo, and still do it. I know how she feels right now, trust me it's not a good feeling. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mish321:

Mish321
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 12:02 AM

I understand why you are angry, I would be as well, but don't be to harsh with her. Believe me, she feels terribleright now even without you being angry at her. 

Quoting Anonymous:

What made me angry was that I specifically told her not to touch them.  Then when she came in with it I told her to put it back right then.  She didn't. I have told her over and over again to not touch certain things. 

Quoting Mish321:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mish321:

luckysevenwow
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Reading a few of your replies, maybe you should put things up where they can't be taken and lost.
kaybayblee3
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 12:04 AM

I would start not leaving them on the fridge and in your room or somewhere safe.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 19, 2013 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this

She is 10 not 2. She needs to learn to not mess with things. Those tickets were on the fridge for a month. The money she lost was in my room. 

Quoting luckysevenwow:

Reading a few of your replies, maybe you should put things up where they can't be taken and lost.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)