Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you have a Lucas?

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:43 PM
  • 41 Replies

My little guy is Lucas and for now he is only 2 and I have been emphasizing to people at this point we really want him to be called Lucas.  

I don't care for Luke.  I am not 100% against it because there is a chance that is what he will want to be called.  

My husband and his mom think it is inevitable he will be called Luke regardless of my attempts to keep his name Lucas for now while he is young.  

Do you think they are correct?

by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucydiamond
by LD on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:44 PM
I prefer Luke. Idk.
thejodigirl
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM

I like Lucas and Luke. I don't have one but god willing if I have a son that will be on the name list.

armywifey26
by Krissy on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Same here. 

Quoting lucydiamond:

I prefer Luke. Idk.

ChrissyReznor
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM
He will probably want to be called Luke when he gets older
mom22boys333
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM

My brothers name is David and he hates being called dave.........Just depends on the person.....If you prefer Lucas, go with it...He may prefer it too

jlmc
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:47 PM
I know some luke Lucas'. I call both Lucas and so do their parents and most people.
MomToDarienne
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:48 PM

I prefer Luke, but if his name is Lucas, and that's what you want to call him, then people should respect that..people may call him Luke, unless he corrects them..

ReachtotheStars
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:48 PM

I kind of figured that when I picked the name.  If I really didn't like Luke I would have not named him Lucas, but I do like the sound of Lucas better.  I'm torn.  I kind of feel like while he is young and doesn't have a preference I should keep it Lucas and not cave.  lol maybe my attempts are futile.  

Quoting ChrissyReznor:

He will probably want to be called Luke when he gets older

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:48 PM
No, I don't. Humans, by nature, tend to become attached to that which they've always known. Kids like to be called the name their parents call them. My name is Amanda, NOT Mandi. Dropping the first A is ok but in general, I want people to use my full name. I never have been, nor will I ever be Mandi.
My sister, on the other hand, is Becky. Her full name is Rebecca but since infancy she's been Becky.
My mom was like you. She didn't care for the nickname so she didn't use it and didn't allow others to use it for me. It was her stipulation for naming me Amanda, which my dad chose.
mom2gmp2
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Just keep insisting on him being called Lucas. When's he is older he can make the choice himself. I have a Gregory and until this school year (7th grade) he's always insisted everyone call him Gregory. Even at a young age he would correct people who tried to call him Greg. This year he's decided he wants to be called Greg.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)