Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Best Friends- what's the secret?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

Do you have a BFF? Do you fight? 

How do you recover after you fight?

Ever fought so bad it took a while to recover? How long did it take? Were you stronger for it, or was your relationship never quite the same (in a BAD way)? 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 19, 2013 at 1:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TableforSeven
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 1:38 AM

My best friend is my husband and has been for the last 22 years (since we started dating).  We never fight.  We have always had a completely open and honest relationship, we tell each other everything.  If we have a problem or concern....especially if it is an issue with each other....we discuss it - together, not with anyone else.

lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 1:40 AM
Two bffs. 23+ years. Of course we fight. Not so much now, but we do respectfully disagree with one another at times. We do sometimes need time to cool off. No big.
ZsMommy
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 1:49 AM

My BFF and I have been BFF's for 41 years

Yep-we've fought at times. In fact she n I are so utterly different in some aspects,so alike in others.

We just give each other space to cool down. Last time (this year in fact) my BFF started acting stupid pissy (cuz I didn't agree w/ her over some political crap I asked her to leave me out of) she went all 8 year old pissy fit. I simply told her I wasn't going to step to her childish level and was "taking my ball and going home until she could play nice"-Buwahaha-that pissed her more and she didn't talk to me for a couple weeks. Meh-my life went on-she must've missed me cuz after she cooled off she was back to normal and contacted me.

But we went a year where I chose not to be in contact with her because she didn't agree with some life choices myself and husband had made (decided to move out of state to rebuild our marriage and she was being all negative) After things worked out and life had calmed down I gave her a call and we were fine.

i_am_no_1
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 1:49 AM

my dh is my bfff

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 19, 2013 at 1:50 AM
Besides dh, I haven't had a bff since I was a teen.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 19, 2013 at 1:51 AM

I've known my bff for 11 yrs now. We've never had a blow out fight despite some things that have happened. We've lost touch a little at times when I was in college but never missed a beat when we reconnected. My favorite things about her is that we share some of the same traits and she is non judgemental. The fact that she doesn't judge the things I do [but will speak up if she sees the need to] is what keeps us going. I had another best friend back in high school and we are not nearly as close now because of her judgemental attitude. 

TaughtTot
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 1:54 AM

yes, we don't really argue

one time we fought, it was big, and no we did not talk for a few years, now we're good.  In the end, she saw what I was trying to show her and although it sucks she went through it, she ultimately learned I always had her back and was looking out for her.

MommaGirl1207
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 4:29 AM
My best friends (twin sisters) & I have been "together" for almost 25 years. We met when we were 4 years old & they had just moved to my neighborhood.

The only fight (major or minor) I remember having with them, was at the end of 6th grade. They were part of the popular crowd and I wasn't. Feeling pressured by the rest of the popular kids, they basically told me that we couldn't be friends anymore.
At the time I was going through a lot (health problems requiring surgeries & physical abuse at home) & I was devastated. I cried and told them not to talk to me ever again. We didn't speak until Christmas Break of 7th grade. They had found out that I wouldn't be returning right away after the break. I would still be recovering from another surgery planned during the break & wouldn't be back to school until February. They came up to me during school & aplogized. We talked about what had happened, I forgave them, & we really haven't fought ever again.

FYI: We have been through A LOT together and I highly doubt there is anything that could destroy our friendship.
SadiasMomma
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 4:33 AM
Aahh lol one of my bffs and I haven't spoken in months til tonight. Pretty nasty fight over some nonsense. I forgave her though lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissyV514
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 4:38 AM

my bff and i just celebrated our 19th year. i LOVE the girl, more than my friend she is just like one of my sisters, even my real sisters call her a sister.

yes we fight. pretty often actually, we're pretty different.

the worst fight we ever had was a little over six years ago... we were both pregnant (read hormonally crazy) and got into it. i told her i was tired of her emotionally abusing me and i took off. we didn't talk for about 5 mo. i missed the birth of her second child. i was 6 months pregnant. we apologized and worked it out. i see her AT LEAST 3 times a week, but usually daily.

i think our fight made us realize exactly what we have in each other... she definitely appreciated me more after that lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)