Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Money for Christmas(not beggin I swear!)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
We do ok money wise. We pay bills with what DH makes and play with what I make. I want to start saving some for Xmas. I have 9 more pay days till Christmas. (paid every 2 weeks)My checks every 2 weeks are 416. I was thinking of holding back 125 a check. That would give me 1125 bucks to spend(If I went shopping all at once on Dec12th). We have 3 children. 7,6 and 2. If I take 250 for DH and I to buy each other things that leave 875 for our kids. Divided by 3 that's 291 per kid. HONESTLY I don't think I could spend that much on our 2 year old but that's what it would equal out to. Is that too much? 291 as pocket cash every two weeks for us is very doable. What is a good amount to save up?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 19, 2013 at 2:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:02 AM

You can't let other dictate to you what is good.  You have to do whats right for your family...Would the $125 hurt you guys paying bills?  No..then do it...

Good Luck momma!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

You can't let other dictate to you what is good.  You have to do whats right for your family...Would the $125 hurt you guys paying bills?  No..then do it...

Good Luck momma!

Nope not at all.  Like I said DH makes more than me so we use his checks to pay rent ele our CC's  (stupid)directv insurance phones and (the majority of) groceries.  My check goes to  the odds and ends you need from toilet paper to new shoes. Just the random monthly things KWIM? Our youngest would be happy with a giant cardboard box and a blanket to hide and play with.  I cant see spending more than 100-150 on her and that would be buying clothes just to use the money.  The other 140 would most likely be split between our two oldest.

Hartbrayka
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:15 AM
1 mom liked this

sounds good to me.  I'm also putting some away from each check because in May my son is receiving communion and I would like to have a nice party for him with the family.  So, between saving for Christmas, and saving for communion, we have alot of saving to do, lmao. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:21 AM

Quoting Hartbrayka:

sounds good to me.  I'm also putting some away from each check because in May my son is receiving communion and I would like to have a nice party for him with the family.  So, between saving for Christmas, and saving for communion, we have alot of saving to do, lmao. 

Thats part of why I would like to save too is because DS has his birthday in Feb so whatever he DIDNT get or got but didnt want can go back.  Then he can buy what he would like and we would have a better idea what to get him for his birthday. There are only 6 weeks between Christmas and his birthday.

BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:29 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

Good Luck momma!

Nope not at all.  Like I said DH makes more than me so we use his checks to pay rent ele our CC's  (stupid)directv insurance phones and (the majority of) groceries.  My check goes to  the odds and ends you need from toilet paper to new shoes. Just the random monthly things KWIM? Our youngest would be happy with a giant cardboard box and a blanket to hide and play with.  I cant see spending more than 100-150 on her and that would be buying clothes just to use the money.  The other 140 would most likely be split between our two oldest.

Sounds good momma!  I have a few other things to get through before I can even start to think about xmas...I have to get my daughters senoir pics done...I really can't wait for that!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:34 AM

Im glad mine are still little. I only have to worry about teddy bears and night lights not graduation invites and college apps.  I am not looking forward to that.

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

Good Luck momma!

Sounds good momma!  I have a few other things to get through before I can even start to think about xmas...I have to get my daughters senoir pics done...I really can't wait for that!

momofpreemieboy
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:35 AM
I'm horrible my DS is getting a ride in car for Christmas as well as many other things including clothes, he is 3.
BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:41 AM

Well she won't let me throw her a party, she says she would rather go on vacation somewhere...IDK  But I did just find out that she has to be accepted into a college by Feb or she won't be able to get grants b/c it will be to late...OMG  I did not know this!  She had 17 years to figure it all out...now it feels rushed!  LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

Im glad mine are still little. I only have to worry about teddy bears and night lights not graduation invites and college apps.  I am not looking forward to that.

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

Good Luck momma!

mom2bahandcch
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like a good plan.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:47 AM
Wish I could do that! How much do you two make per hour? Dh makes 18.25 an hour. Between bills and kids necessities (diapers, wipes, etc) we have maaaaaybe $25 left over every two weeks. And that's before food!!! Dang!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)