Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am a terrible mom

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
I got angry and say mean things to my 3weeks infant. I told him to shut up and go the fuck to sleep, when he wouldnt stop being fussy and kept crying off and on for 2 hours even though I was breast feeding for those two hours. He wasn't able to latch good too that's why it took so long. It was 1 am and I haven't gotten much sleep since 2 days b4 I went in labor. God, I felt so bad afterward. I promised him i'll never be mean to him ever again since he is just a baby.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
NBean311
by Chivette on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:46 AM

Take a breather. Walk outside and take a few deep breaths... It won't kill him to cry for a few. It'll be better for both of you once you calm down a little. 

It gets easier. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:52 AM
It was 1 am and I was tired, don't want to go outside at all. And I really hate my Ds crying. I know I should let him cry it out sometimes, but the poor baby is so so hungry when he is crying or something is wrong with him like upset tummy or some other stuff :(

Quoting NBean311:

Take a breather. Walk outside and take a few deep breaths... It won't kill him to cry for a few. It'll be better for both of you once you calm down a little. 

It gets easier. 

Thewife06
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:52 AM

Go get checked out for PPD.  And get a sitter for a day and just sleep. 

akrall83
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:56 AM
If trying to breastfeed is causing you this much stress it may be best to at least supplement for a while. Look into seeing a lactation consultant and tell your doctor about feeling overwhelmed. You aren't the first mom to go through this, there are ways the doctor can help.
MomOf3AngelBabe
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:58 AM

Hey hun. You need a break. Is there anyone you trust who can take over baby for a little while. YOu dont necessarily have to leave the house but someone who can come in and feed him, look after him, change his diaper, etc. while you sleep, shower, read a book...whatever you want to do?

Remember, baby's only way to talk to you is through his cries. He isnt doing it on purpose hun. If you feel like you are going to lose it, PLEASE leave the room and close the door as long as baby is safe in his crib or where he cant get hurt/fall, etc. Is there anyone who can come over or who is there who can help right now?

AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 4:00 AM
At that age you should NOT let him cry it out! Cry for a couple minutes while you step out, yes; "cry it out", goodness NO. He's a newborn.

Step out of the room and breathe for a second. You sound overwhelmed. Can dh rock him for a minute?
Quoting Anonymous:It was 1 am and I was tired, don't want to go outside at all. And I really hate my Ds crying. I know I should let him cry it out sometimes, but the poor baby is so so hungry when he is crying or something is wrong with him like upset tummy or some other stuff :(

Quoting NBean311:Take a breather. Walk outside and take a few deep breaths... It won't kill him to cry for a few. It'll be better for both of you once you calm down a little. It gets easier. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)