Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how do I not freak out??

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 6:15 AM
  • 18 Replies
My baby starts schook today.
I have been a sahm the entire time.
I have been crying for 2 weeks about him going. I'm not ready. He's my only.....
They don't offer half day kindergarden here anymore.. I'm afraid I'm going to bawl my eyes out at school today when I drop him off.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 6:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemysnugbugs
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 6:18 AM
Aw, momma. You won't be the only mother crying I'm sure. Mine starts next week and I fully expect to cry.
duejan13th
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 6:18 AM
:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
duejan13th
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 6:19 AM
Its my baby.. he was a preemie
I still see him as my little baby. :(

Quoting lovemysnugbugs:

Aw, momma. You won't be the only mother crying I'm sure. Mine starts next week and I fully expect to cry.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 19, 2013 at 6:19 AM

Pull yourself together for his sake.  The crying parents at my kids school wound up with crying children.

kjfamily
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 6:20 AM
It is sad the first couple days but after that you will love all the free time you have and watching him get more independent !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mysticalmalissa
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 6:22 AM

You will not be the only crying Mom, I can promise you that.

I just sent my youngest last week. My husband and I stood up by the road with him waiting on the bus blubbering like a damn fools. lol

Be warned, for the first few days, you will call out or look for him when you notice how quiet the house is. Or you yourself will be extra quiet when your brain thinks he is taking a nap. lol

lovemysnugbugs
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 6:24 AM
I'm concerned about this. Some random lady in Target told me I would cry when I dropped him off, so my son now has asked me a bunch of times if I'm going to cry. I told him if I do it will be because I'm happy for him, but I'm going to hold the tears back until after he goes in and can't see me anymore.

Quoting Anonymous:

Pull yourself together for his sake.  The crying parents at my kids school wound up with crying children.

jdy9440
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 6:28 AM

I cried when the bus pulled away, held it together so he didn't see it. 

danie24
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 6:30 AM

I keep my kids home from school until they're 6. For several reasons but getting to spend that extra year with them is wonderful :)

Most of us cry when our kids reach certain milestones. Especially one so bittersweet as going to school for the first time. It will get easier as the days go on. Especially when you see how much he LOVES it.

danie24
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 6:32 AM

I know how you feel :)

My oldest who is 8 years old was a preemie. She was born at 28 weeks and only weighed 2 pounds.

She is still my baby and she is the oldest of 3.. LOL

Quoting duejan13th:

Its my baby.. he was a preemie
I still see him as my little baby. :(

Quoting lovemysnugbugs:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)