Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do I tell them I'm pregnant?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

I'm talking about my entire family including dh?  We weren't trying but we also weren't preventing a pregnancy.  We have 4 kids & our family is against us having more kids.  Dh will go back & forth on really wanting o e then totally not wanting one he's so hot & cold.  Well I just found out I'm pregnant.  My brother who is my best friend told me he would not visit if I had more kids & my mom just says oh please don't!  She thinks I'm overwhelmed with too much on my plate as it is.  I want people to be happy for me/us because I'm thrilled!  Advice no bashing please.  Dh still doesn't know

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 19, 2013 at 6:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 19, 2013 at 6:29 AM

Get a teddy bear for your dh with a pink and blue ribbon on it and a tag that says Hi Daddy!  on it.  Screw the rest if they can't be happy for you fuck them.

lilyrose2011
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 6:29 AM
Well I probably wouldn't tell them since they seem like I don't care and don't wanna know. Wait till your showing and when they ask ,tell them how far along you are and that you didn't tell them because of there negativity towards you having another child.
missmamaof4
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 6:30 AM

why is your family so dead set on you having kids?  I would be all happy and be like guess what??? Im pregnant! lol 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 19, 2013 at 6:31 AM

If your husband wasn't sure about having more then why weren't you preventing pregnancy?

fvmomof5
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 6:31 AM
Im a mom of 5 kids... everyone will be shocked but eventually will be over joyed. I went from having 3 kids to 5.

U should tell ur DH first then ur family. I do suggest that if u are overwhelmed with the kids u should find aform of bc that will work best for u...

Good luck and congratulations! !!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 19, 2013 at 6:31 AM
You said your mum thinks you are to overwhelmed as it is. Do you ever think that maybe she is just worried about you. I have 4 kids myself, I know how hard it can be.
alc4evermom
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 6:32 AM

I'm eighteen weeks and haven't told my parents----I'm pretty sure they know.  I think the only opinion that matters is your husbands.  

shortcake82418
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 6:32 AM
1 mom liked this

idk if it was up to my family i wouldn't be ready for kids til i'm 40 which then i'd be too old. on the other hand, they are happy for me now, but it took a while for them to be. don't worry about what others want for you b/c what would make my parents and my brothers happy wouldn't make me happy. we have different lifestyles.

shortcake82418
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 6:33 AM

ps i had to tell them i was pregnant with my third recently and before i'm married(end of the world b/c they are religious).

croneasm
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 6:34 AM

To be honest I feel you should have been on some form of birth control until you AND your husband decided it would be time to add another.  Everyone has their own opinions on number of kids, age of parents and relationship status before having a child........I strongly feel there is no point to argue and judge another person once they are pregnant.  It has happened and nothing will change it.  You just need to tell people.  It is overwhelming to have kids, whether it is 1 or 5 but you can handle it.  You need support because you can't do this alone.  Tell husband right away and stay strong. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)