Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What have your kids ruined?

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 10:22 AM
  • 140 Replies
2 moms liked this

10 Things My Children Have Ruined

by Jill Smokler

I have a running list of things a handyman needs to someday fix in our house. Things that my children have lovingly broken, like the hole in the wall resulting from the door being slammed too hard and the sink faucet that they somehow mysteriously managed to pull off. Many a time, I have wondered if it's their mission in life to destroy the house. And if it is, they're succeeding marvelously. But it's not just the house they've ruined ... it's much, much more ...

1. My body. It's not just the cliche things like droopy boobs and stretch marks. Even my feet are a full size bigger than they used to be. How is that even possible?

2. My mind. You know that phrase "I used to have a mind, now I have children"? Truer words have never been spoken.

3. My sex life. There's nothing to kill the mood like a set of eyes peering at you from the doorway.

4. My nails. Before kids, I used to have manicured nails. These days, the closest I get to manicures is scrubbing the dirt from digging for worms out with a toothbrush.

5. My ability to relax. Like, sit back, take a deep breath, and exhale. How does one do that again?

6. My wardrobe. Because who wants to chase kids around in jeans and heels? Hello, yoga pants.

7. My social life. I've been trying to see a close friend of mine for months, but between our seven kids, we simply can't find a time that works. Maybe we'll connect at their high school graduations.

8. My ability to sleep. I can fall asleep just fine, it's the way there seems to be a mass migration on to my side of the bed at 3 a.m. that's the problem.

9. My vacations. OK, maybe they're not ruined, but they certainly don't qualify as vacations anymore. See number 8.

10. My bank account. I stare at our balance and wonder where the hell the money goes. Then I glare at the children.

Thankfully, what the kids add to my life is so much more than what they take away. Good thing I never liked heels much anyway.

What have your kids ruined?

by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Schalmom3
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Everything and nothing lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 19, 2013 at 10:24 AM

really...just my body. but i'm getting it back so no worries :)

jmart18255
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this

everything and nothing all at the same time!

SyllabaryBisque
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 10:25 AM
6 moms liked this

My privacy. Rest assured, if something embarrassing happens that I would rather keep quiet, my son is GOING to announce it to the first crowd of people he passes. 

twicethemomjess
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Furniture mostly. Our furniture looks trashy but I refuse to get new things till the kids get a bit older
JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Aug. 19, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Lol, cute article.

temage
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Mine too & me too!!!

Quoting twicethemomjess:

Furniture mostly. Our furniture looks trashy but I refuse to get new things till the kids get a bit older
lenashark
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Nothing really, I look and do things the same as before I had my son. He's only added to my life. He "ruined" the steps when he slipped on a puddle an accidentally dropped an open paint can on them, but my husband just painted it even and they look better that color anyway.
2Sparrows4ever
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Not a damn thing
twicethemomjess
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 10:33 AM
I think oh when everybody gets potty trained we can upgrade. ..but I picture 3-7 year olds with markers and gluesticks and pbj fingers. So maybe when they are preteens. Then I think of all the crap I did to my furniture as a preteen lol. Mostly covered in stickers. Idk. Guess we'll see.

Quoting temage:

Mine too & me too!!!

Quoting twicethemomjess:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN