Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is it weird to be friends with your exes?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 246 Replies
1 mom liked this

I'm friends with all of my exes and my husband is friends with all of his, but our friends think that's weird and that it's not possible to be friends with your exes after you've been down that romantic road together.

Do you think it's weird to be friends with your exes?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 19, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3JuJu3
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:39 AM

I'm still friends with several of my exes.  To be fair, these were mostly men that I dated when I was either in hs or college and we were friends before we started dating, so it doesn't feel weird for me at all.  I think I have about four or five exes as my active fb friends.  

my3littleboys
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:40 AM
8 moms liked this
No...I'm good friends with my ex husband......better then when we were married.
-Mamamia-
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:41 AM

No, not weird at all. I am friends with most of mine. Actually, the one before my dd's dad is now my best friend. Our relationship is better now than it was when we were together as a couple.

Kitschy
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:53 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't think it's weird. My exes are good people, and I continue to have many still in my life. I've never dated someone that I couldn't stand later.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't. All of my close male friends are exs except for one. We got along great but a relationship just didn't work out. 

Of course I also have exs that I would like to run over with a car so I would think it's weird if someone was friends with ALL of their exs because somewhere in there there has to be at least one that you were glad to get rid of (or that was glad to get rid of you). 

theresaphilly
by Gold Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:59 AM

I am friends with my ex and his wife. They even spend a week with them last Summer in Spain (where they live). My husband is friends with two of his exes and their husbands do not like it. 

sharonsolo
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Me too!

Quoting my3littleboys:

No...I'm good friends with my ex husband......better then when we were married.

s.osborne
by Gold Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm only friends with one of my exes, but it's kind of special circumstances. I had known him for 5 years prior, he's my brother's best friend, we both consider him a brother and part of the family. We were each others first, first love, and first real relationship. We mutually fell out of love with each other but still love and care for each other, if that makes sense.

jmart18255
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:02 AM
2 moms liked this

my hubs is best friends with his sons mother, so much so that she made him her daughters godfather. I am also very good friends with her as well and yes everyone thinks it is very very weird lol! i however do not think it is because it provided a healthier environmnet for ss when he was a younger child

nolo82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Not weird at all for me.
I'm still friends with a few of mine. The ones that I'm not friends with have wives that dislike the idea of our post relationship friendship.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)