Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is it weird to be friends with your exes?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I'm friends with all of my exes and my husband is friends with all of his, but our friends think that's weird and that it's not possible to be friends with your exes after you've been down that romantic road together.

Do you think it's weird to be friends with your exes?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 19, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Replies (241-246):
kissingirl
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Not weird at all.. I'm friends with my first ex husband.. When we parted everything was amicable.. We just grew apart.   I am now living in the same apt complex as him and my boys walk back to his apt on the days they wanted to stay there.. They are getting older so they stay whenever they want.   Brian, my ex, and I have keys to each other's apartments.  He is the Godfather of my daughter from my second marriage which ended in divorce.. He , Dean, left and has not tried to communicate with his daughter since 2009 when she was 4 yrs old.. My boyfriend, Ross, is a great father figure to Gloriana.   My boys names are Derek, 17 1/2 and Steven, 12.  Gloriana is 8  We are a special needs family..

Stacy, age 45  (not afraid to tell my age.. proud of it :)

lageise
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 12:24 AM

No.  I'm friends with my last ex before my husband.  We've actually been on double dates together.  He attended our wedding and was a pallbearer with my husband for my dad.  My mom and dad were divorced, but you wouldn't know it.  They remained friends and walked in hand in hand and were announced together at my wedding.  My mom flew up from Florida to attend my dad's funeral.  I guess that's where I learned it from.

mamawillis
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 10:03 AM

My last ex and I were friends before we started going out. We both admit the relationship didn't work, but we are friends now. 

andiecheyenne
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Nope, not at all to me. My exes (a whoppng 2) and I have ended on good note except one, but because we have a child together we are making it work. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 57 on Sep. 19, 2013 at 12:29 PM
to have a healthy current relationship no its horrible to be friends withe the exes
Seagodess
by Ruby Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 12:30 PM

No. I think if you can get along as friends, no reason not to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN