Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Christmas Assistance

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:20 PM
  • 133 Replies
Now i know i just posted in another group but i dont think it is very active. I want to know how you go about getting assistance for christmas. my son reaply needs clothes and shoes and a few toys would be nice. i can barely afford to pay the bills right now and i dont see it getting better anytime soon. i live in davis county utah. i am pretty crafty so i would make ornaments but i would like to have a tree to decorate. my fiance and i dont need anything as long as our son gets a decent christmas. i just dont know how to go about finding applications online to fill out. i tried google and for some reason nothing is pooping up. any suggestions will be helpful.
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:21 PM

salvation army

toys for tots

PandTsmomjuly
by Florence on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Local Salvation Army. You need proof of a lot of stuff from what I understand though. Not sure what all besides income but you can call and find out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Salvation Army, church, welfare office.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Christmas is like 4 months away.
Danaswifey0930
by Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:22 PM

do you have a salvation army or something like that around? churches maybe. tho i think signups are usually in oct. or nov

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:23 PM
13 moms liked this
Its starting early this year.
Cozie_Sisika458
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Call your local department of social services they would know. Also churches might know or can help. I believe salvation army does doe thing too. Not really sure but I have had friends or neighbors that have done it.
Ariellasmom
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Toys for tots
copperked
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Ask your son's school and local churches if they have any information on local charities that help with that kind of thing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Talk to the school. They may be able to help. Also call the police station some counties do shop with a cop
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)