Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Teen mom 3 last night...

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 4:21 PM
  • 28 Replies

OK, so I admit i stopped watching after the first season but i was flipping through the channels and saw it. The part i saw went like this;

The girl (16 i think )was getting redy for work and trying to get ahold of the babys father because he said that he would watch the baby since he had NO job, i think he is also almost 18 btw, and the girls mother was saying she needed to figure it out because SHE had plans. I think what ended up happening is the girl had to call into work because the father never showed and the girls mom wanted to go out with her friends.

OK, I really felt for this girl. She didnt want a babysitter so she could go with her friends or go to party. She wanted to go to WORK. Her mom could have canceled her plans to watch the kid. I understand the episodes when the girl is crying and upset because her mom wont babysit so she can go party but this girl was going to work. Her mother could have babysat instead of making her daughter call in and possibly costing her daughter her job.

Thoughts?

ETA i stand corrected-It was 16 and pregnant

CafeMom Tickers
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 4:24 PM

BUMP

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 19, 2013 at 4:27 PM

It is very unfortunate. that why we mothers need to guide our daughters and help them make healthy decisions. Talk to them about everything 

It is very sad

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 19, 2013 at 4:28 PM

I never watch those anymore, but I agree with you. She could be trying to go out and party and dump her kid off, at least she is trying to work and I'd assume saving money to get out of the house and live out on her own. I know if I were in that situation, I would help my DD as much as I could, as long as she was working and going to school.

rachellaree20
by Rachel on Aug. 19, 2013 at 4:28 PM

That situation really sucks, however, this is why birth control should always be used and young people need to be more careful about getting pregnant.  Not saying that I was always safe about sex when I was younger either but pregnancy is preventable.

Mom2five87
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 4:28 PM
Damn. I missed it.
keisha613
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 4:30 PM

I have been there (teen mom, no babysitter so I can work).  It was terrible.  I feel for her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 19, 2013 at 4:31 PM

I felt really bad for the girl whose mom told her to give the baby up or move out. The poor girl has NO support system. I swear I would let her move in with me!!! All she needs is a little support and she can be the mom she WANTS to be. I found it very sad!

Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Damn, I didn't know it had started already.  Need to set up my DVR.

BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 4:32 PM
When I had my first child at 17 I had no one there. My mom stayed for the labor and then left once she walked him to the nursery. I saw one family member the next day and my mom showed up the end of the third day to take me home. She parked in the driveway and went straight inside to change and put on her make up so she could go partying. I had to get my baby and all our stuff inside and to my room alone.

I freaked out so bad when she left I called my aunt crying and she came to pick us up and we stayed there a week sleeping on her couch before my mom called looking for me
doostica
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 4:32 PM

HAven't seen it, Maybe saw a total of 3 episodes of the 1st season, but from what you wrote its sad! The mother might just be giving her tough love in the sense that you can't just have a baby and things like finding sitters will come easy. Like what if she had no one? BUT Her mother sould sit and talk ad support the fact that she is going to work to provide for her child and not out partying or dating. I dont know... I dont believe reality shows anymore.. WHo knows if the producers are telling the family members to say no so that its more drama for the t.v.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN