Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do you think about open adoption??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

Personally I think it is a great option.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 19, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tardistraveller
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 4:43 PM

I personally would never be ok with it.  As a birth mother or adopting mother.

But, adoption plans are so personal, everyone needs to find what's right and best for them.  

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Aug. 19, 2013 at 4:43 PM
I am happy my kids have closed adoptions.
i_am_no_1
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 4:43 PM

I think if the biological parents are good people, then it is a GREAT option! simple smile

LiliM
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Not a choice for me ever.
Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 4:44 PM
They're a pain and open to more problems with the bm since she may not fully let go of the child.
Val99
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Personally, I would never be ok with that.  My brother was adopted in a closed adoption through an agency.  He's in his 40's now and still has no desire to meet his birth mother.

Other people may be good with it though and the only thing that matters is if it works for them.

.Zombie.Girl.
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 4:46 PM

I think it's sad to be honest, because if the adoptive parents want to close it, they can. Then the birth mother is shit out of luck. I don't think that is right at all. I don't think they should be able to close the adoption unless there is proof that the birth mother isn't a good influence or is causing harm to the child. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 19, 2013 at 4:46 PM

I have 5 cousins that were adopted. Out of the 5 of them 3 were open and 2 were closed. The 2 that were closed adoptions wish they weren't. They feel like they are missing something not knowing were they came from.

catrig
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 4:47 PM
I think it's a good option I also think that adoptive parents that can't be bothered to send updates are horrible. Please note this does not apply if the birth parents are theatening, or unstable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 19, 2013 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with you 100%

Quoting .Zombie.Girl.:

I think it's sad to be honest, because if the adoptive parents want to close it, they can. Then the birth mother is shit out of luck. I don't think that is right at all. I don't think they should be able to close the adoption unless there is proof that the birth mother isn't a good influence or is causing harm to the child. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)