Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If your child has a Different legal last name then You?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 133 Replies
Do you register them for school or daycare with your last name or their legal last name? I've heard its easier to keep track of them when families all have the same last name...My dd has my maiden name :(
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Well, I kept my maiden name when I got married and my kids have my last name & DH's hyphenated, so not exactly what you're talking about, but I've never had an issue registering them with the hyphenated last name.

wishonme_2000
by Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:38 PM

with their name but I let the teachers know that my child likes to go by my last name 

MommyTo2Boyz
by Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:39 PM
I registered my oldest using his legal name. It made things a little bit confusing, but that was his name. Now we all have the same name, so it's all good.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:40 PM

My children go by their last names. Never had any problems. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:40 PM

My kids use their own last name. 

HistoryMamaX3
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:40 PM
I grew up using a different last name than my legal one... it sucked later on when all my school forms and mail were legally incorrect and I couldnt get the proper paperwork to get my passport or my license.

I ended up getting a legal name change at 16 but had to wait to get my drivers license... I was mad about it.
emsmom21
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:42 PM
My daughter has my maiden name. She uses it for school. No one ever has a problem with it.
mistressflora
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:42 PM

my ds has my maiden last name.  So i guess thats still my legal last name in a way.  I am glad I did give it to him though, hes the only male grand child to carry on the last name!

SciFiMama91
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:42 PM
DS has my ex's last name and I use that. We'll share the same last name in a few years and I'll use that then.
Elayna90
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:42 PM
I register him with his legal name and I put my legal name on the forms. Every single teacher he has still calls me Mrs. (Maiden name) and I never correct them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured