Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your favorite band/artist reflect your age?

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:39 AM
  • 268 Replies
1 mom liked this
How old are you? What are some of your favorite bands/artists?

Myself - 21. Billy Idol. The Beatles. The Foo Fighters. Barenaked Ladies.
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:40 AM

I'm forty, I listen to mostly techno/electronic music.  I don't know if it reflects my age or not, but it reflects my taste in music.

dawnnamarie
by Ruby Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:41 AM
4 moms liked this
27- favorites are billy Joel, Dave Matthews band, the eagles, and jimmy Buffett...
CheyanneW
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:42 AM
37 Queensryche is my all time favorite band.
Retrokitty
by Ruby Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:43 AM
Yes I'm 20 and I like Taylor swift, mother mother, metric, of monsters and men, and Mumford and sons.
Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:45 AM
5 moms liked this

40 hair bands and metal from the 80s. Well mostly anything from the 80s. Oh and country too. But if I had to pick a favorite......Warrant.

Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:45 AM
3 moms liked this
311, Sublime, Cyprus Hill, The Foo Fighters, Queen, and more lol.
I am 24...
kymom23
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm 35. I like a variety of music from bluegrass, gospel, to metal and alternative.

I like The Eagles, Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, George Jones, New Kids on the Block, Doyle Lawson and Quicksilver, Green Day, Metallica, Guns N Roses, The Police, REO Speedwagon, Starship, Journey.
anonym00se
by Gold Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:46 AM
4 moms liked this

Flogging Molly, The Pogues, Dropkick Murphey's and The tossers for this month. Lol.

I also love Regina Spektor. She's my favorite singer.

sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:48 AM

My favorite artist is Marilyn Manson and my favorite band is The Doors. Definitely different types of music and they reflect 'different ages'. If anything, it reflects the fact that I have pretty eclectic tastes in music. And for a person who can analyze music and lyrics, they'll see that I love music with deep meaning.

anon1986East
by Kali on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:49 AM

I'm 27. I like a wide variety of music but mostly stick to hard rock and metal from the mid-90's to the present. I also like a lot of 70's and 80's rock music. I don't think music is a good indicator of someone's age, I know a lot of people who still listen to music they grew up on and a lot of people just listen to what is popular presently. I vary rarely listen to the radio or music TV channels so I don't know exactly what is currently popular. I haven't had a favorite band since I was 14 and I no longer listen to that band anyway, too many bands from the late 90's turned too mellow for my taste. Especially now when I listen to bands, I always think "Holy shit, this is so much better than the bands I once worshipped."

I can't think of a single band now that I would kill to get tickets to their show. When I go to shows now it's mostly local bands or summer festivals that have 10 or more bands playing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured