Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

underarm boil help please PIC PG 4 edit 2 temp

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 92 Replies
So this summer has sucked, this is my 4th underarm boil this summer alone. All on my right side, all the others came to a head and popped on their own and went away within a few days. Now I have another, within a week its just gotten bigger and bigger, no site of a head coming, its extremely painful, I can barely move my arm or close it. I shower daily and use unsented soap and deodorant anyways. I've been putting warm compresses on it but nothing is helping! I have no insurance and no money.

Does anyone have advice on helping with at least the pain? It got so bad I had to leave work early because I could barely move my arm.

ETA A reply had me thinking, my shoulder has been achy but thought I just slept on it wrong, I have about a inch thick line going about four inches from boil up my arm, I've been naseas and very tired a lot lately but thought it was my period. Does that possibly mean the infection has spread? I just had a mini stroke a few days ago and now this!!

Pig pg 4

Edit, took temp its 99.1 my usual temp is 97.6 so not crazy high but warmer then normal
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 20, 2013 at 2:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 20, 2013 at 3:00 AM
All I know is soaking it. So sorry. My dad is prone to boils too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 20, 2013 at 3:03 AM

Go to walgreens and get some drawing salve it will help

JealousGrrl
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 3:04 AM
It sounds exactly like when my sister got a staph infection. She got anti biotics and it came back, once then she got stronger antibiotics and it hasn't reappeared. Go to the cheapest clinic you can and get an anti biotic. DONT use deoderant on that arm pit and stop shaving it, if you pop the boil it can spread.
raczac
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 3:05 AM
This sounds like an abscess like I had under my arm in 1996.I couldn't raise or lower my n arm at all was doing whatbuou are with the warm comprresses. Nothing helped fsmily doctor sent me to a surgeon he told my mom thst it would be inhumane for him to lance it with me awake. He sent me to the hospital to be admitted right then by thst night I was in surgery. My mom had to pack and unpack my arm with saline solution till it closed up.
allornone
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 3:06 AM

Use a clean needle and pop it. Use a hot washcloth afterwards.

Allinorder
by Gold Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 3:06 AM

I would go and buy some Boil Ease. That always takes my boils away. I would also wash like crazy in the area you getting the boils at. Boils are caused by a excess of bacteria if I am not mistaken.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 20, 2013 at 3:07 AM

get this it will help

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 20, 2013 at 3:08 AM
So should I wait a little longer and if still nothing go to the hospital?

Quoting raczac:

This sounds like an abscess like I had under my arm in 1996.I couldn't raise or lower my n arm at all was doing whatbuou are with the warm comprresses. Nothing helped fsmily doctor sent me to a surgeon he told my mom thst it would be inhumane for him to lance it with me awake. He sent me to the hospital to be admitted right then by thst night I was in surgery. My mom had to pack and unpack my arm with saline solution till it closed up.

LovingParent08
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 3:08 AM

I know ALL about the pain. I've had them in the same spot amongst other's. I've had to had three of them drained and be put on antibiotics. However, the drawing salve does work. I use Icthamol which looks and smells like black tar. It smells REALLY bad but it works REALLY well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 20, 2013 at 3:09 AM
There is no head and you should never pop a boil.

Quoting allornone:

Use a clean needle and pop it. Use a hot washcloth afterwards.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN