Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Yeah a Christmas s/o post kind of.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

Poll

Question: Who has already started?

Options:

Me

Not me

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 13

View Results

So am I the only one who has already started to Christmas shop? I really start in January, lol.

We don't have a ton yet, but I have found a bunch of good deals. A $1 for a noise making guitar, the ones that are $10 regular at Walmart and a army leggo style set for the same. Headphones regular $15 for $1. Yesterday we hit up Sears and I got a Cars pillow for $3.50 regular $19.99, a margarita glass set of 4 for $5, regular $25. My mom got my daughter Tinkerbell bedding - two throw pillows, a sheet set and the comfort all for under $20. Yep, just wanted to brag some on our deals ;)

So who else has a stash already?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 20, 2013 at 5:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Canvas_says
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 5:16 AM

Not I, usually I don't do any shopping until the day or two before since I'm waiting for my husband to be home cause he wants to be a part of it. This year we might skip Christmas all together so IDK. 

rpmom30
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 5:18 AM
I started in July. I should be done the 1st week of November.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 20, 2013 at 5:18 AM

DH hates to shop. He would rather pay someone to do it for him, not that I let him do that. He will go out a few nights before Christmas to get me and the girls something.

jamamama00
by Ruby Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 5:20 AM
I ordered my teen her new iphone but only because the upgrade was available. I will order everything else after thanksgiving when stores are offering the good free shipping deals. I'm more inclined to ourchase a few expensive gifts instead of a lot of cheaper ones.
sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 5:21 AM

I started last month.

fairymom82
by Gold Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 5:25 AM
Heck I start the day after Christmas for the following year. We are not rich but what our kids get makes it appear we are. I spread out the higher purchases so it doesn't affect our finances at all. This year 2 new Xbox Ones will be under the tree with new laptops for all of us and lots of other goodies :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 20, 2013 at 5:27 AM

We have a large family and not a lot of cash. I have 7 nephews and 2 nieces :) plus adults and cousins we end up actually buying something for almost 50 people and then our two daughters. So I buy the clearance stuff that I know someone will like and they may not get much, but they get something.

Now we do spend a lot more on our girls. They are pretty easy since they are so young (neither in school).

Quoting jamamama00:

I ordered my teen her new iphone but only because the upgrade was available. I will order everything else after thanksgiving when stores are offering the good free shipping deals. I'm more inclined to ourchase a few expensive gifts instead of a lot of cheaper ones.

smalltownmom03
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 5:29 AM
I start shopping the day after Christmas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamamama00
by Ruby Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 5:30 AM
Fuck that!!! Yall need to draw names or something! We have ceased doing extended family and only purchase for our own kids now. We were all sick of the kids getting more toys that would just take up more room and be one more thing for them to drag out. Shopping for four is SO much nicer!

Quoting Anonymous:

We have a large family and not a lot of cash. I have 7 nephews and 2 nieces :) plus adults and cousins we end up actually buying something for almost 50 people and then our two daughters. So I buy the clearance stuff that I know someone will like and they may not get much, but they get something.

Now we do spend a lot more on our girls. They are pretty easy since they are so young (neither in school).

Quoting jamamama00:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:31 PM

We buy for the kids that we know do not get much. BUT they are getting older, on my cousins, 3 will be 18 before Christmas. So we won't really buy for them much longer. One has requested a cheesecake for his present, lol, so that is pretty easy, but will end up costing more than what I usually pay for his gift(s). We really just shop the clerance sections all year round. Adults do draw names, but not the smaller kids, teens can pick one or the other.

Quoting jamamama00:

Fuck that!!! Yall need to draw names or something! We have ceased doing extended family and only purchase for our own kids now. We were all sick of the kids getting more toys that would just take up more room and be one more thing for them to drag out. Shopping for four is SO much nicer!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jamamama00:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN